Medical Radiation Physics and HSC Maths (1 Viewer)

HSC
The integration is easy

I have developed an irrational hate of vectors though - no matter how many references he makes to confuscious it won't help

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
chinesefireball said:
The integration is easy

I have developed an irrational hate of vectors though - no matter how many references he makes to confuscious it won't help

lol, yeah, he really is quite a boring wanker....i enjoy vectors and its one part of the maths that i need to learn as it is basically my entire course, however, he really is lame.....twas funny on monday when he said "if your phones are all going off so u can hint to me the time then it wont work, i dont mind going late" yet the girl whos phone was ringing was in front of me and was so embarrased her face could stop traffic....

HSC
I'm the opposite to most people - I enjoy the maths that doesn't seem to have a direct application (well all maths has an application, but I'm happier not knowing it) - I don't like things like vectors, stats and mechanics.

I'm not sure if I dislike Ken or not yet - I haven't been listening enough to really make up my mind. Don't mind lame jokes too much - my father comes out with alot more.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
dawso said:
lol, yeah, he really is quite a boring wanker....i enjoy vectors and its one part of the maths that i need to learn as it is basically my entire course, however, he really is lame.....twas funny on monday when he said "if your phones are all going off so u can hint to me the time then it wont work, i dont mind going late" yet the girl whos phone was ringing was in front of me and was so embarrased her face could stop traffic....
If you're doing engineering, one of the main things you will use will be differential equations, which will be one of the topics in 188 and then later in 283.

I'm guessing you've got Adam Piggot for vector geometry by the sounds of the rave reviews. If yes, did he do the whole hummingbird thing and the line dancing?

HSC
We got some guy called Ken - old dude use to be a tafe teacher. IF we had Adam Piggot I would be mildly amused each lecture by his last name (I often get amused by names - I know it isn't particulary nice, but mmyeah)

Jaydels

HSC
I've decided I don't like Ken. He was ok til I asked a question after the lecture today. After telling him i was confused with one of the concepts to do with vector geometry he said "don't be, life's too short to be confused" I mean, that just cleared everything up...

dawso

HSC
Jaydels said:
I've decided I don't like Ken. He was ok til I asked a question after the lecture today. After telling him i was confused with one of the concepts to do with vector geometry he said "don't be, life's too short to be confused" I mean, that just cleared everything up...
yeah, ken is lame....

at least jimmy wanted to teach us or at least make a good start to his career.....the impression ken gives me is that he is a deranged old man who hates life and is forced to go 2 uni to teach a bunch of know it all first year kiddos who hate him so in return, he hates us....

at least he said his component of the test is easy....but it is agreed, ken is lame and no one likes him

dawso

HSC
acullen said:
Every lecturer says that. Easy to them when they have a PhD in that field.

exactly, although from the way he acts, i think he was legit, cause he really doesnt want to teach us, he only does it for the money and just wants us to pass so he looks like a good lecturer and he gets the job next semester

me and a mate are considering dropping to math 142 next semester....not because this stuff is hard, just coz maureen cant seem to find any actual reason why 187/188 is of an advantage.....and im lazy and would prefer the slow people's class.....

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
dawso said:
exactly, although from the way he acts, i think he was legit, cause he really doesnt want to teach us, he only does it for the money and just wants us to pass so he looks like a good lecturer and he gets the job next semester

me and a mate are considering dropping to math 142 next semester....not because this stuff is hard, just coz maureen cant seem to find any actual reason why 187/188 is of an advantage.....and im lazy and would prefer the slow people's class.....
Providing you are sufficiently skilled in mathematics, MATH188 is only somewhat of an advantage when you are doing a degree in Physics where you only require a Pass. However, it you are certain you can acheive a Credit in MATH142, then it will lift your marks up due it covering less concepts (i.e. Real Analysis being ommited).

However, to do MATH142 after completing MATH187, your marks must be between 45-65 (i.e. Pass Conceded to upper Pass); otherwise, it looks like you're stuck with MATH188.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)