Medical Physics (1 Viewer)

hjed

HSC
What did everyone think?

I found it very different from usual (with a lot less calculations). Don't feel that I answer the investigation and MRI questions very well.

andybandy

HSC
I thought it was pretty good, though the mri questions did annoy me a bit, loved the 6 marker

superSAIyan2

HSC
^ u should state the criteria that you're justification is based on; i.e. type/nature of radiation emitted and half life
The type of radiation should be gamma rays or PET and half life should be short enough to prevent excess exposure to radiation
therefore only fluorine18 and technetium 99m are suitable.

What did you guys write for the optical fibre prac?

hjed

HSC
^ u should state the criteria that you're justification is based on; i.e. type/nature of radiation emitted and half life
The type of radiation should be gamma rays or PET and half life should be short enough to prevent excess exposure to radiation

Agreed for the six marker, I painted a broad brush on half lives and then went through and eliminated them all again by talking about the radiation types of each individually. I also said that Fluorine-18 could only be used for PET and Technecium-99m only used for gamma camera.

For the fibber optic prac I talked about shinning light down and endoscope and seeing how it didn't change when you bent it.

Jimmy2064

HSC

woo had this too!

For the endoscope prac all I could remember was modelling total internal reflection with a lightbox and those reflecting disc things. So I just talked about that and tied it back to the endoscope etc etc

Randox

HSC
N/A
2 technologies in ultrasound? What did you guys write

hjed

HSC
Yeah this question was weird as. Does anyone know what the answer was for it?
It was to do with density, collisions and molecular bonds but I'm not sure of the details. Apparently it was also different for T1 and T2

Hypem

HSC
It was to do with density, collisions and molecular bonds but I'm not sure of the details. Apparently it was also different for T1 and T2
Can't recall being taught that..
I said stuff about atoms, 1/3 hopeful

Randox

HSC
N/A
What did people day for comparison between an x ray image and a CT scan image

hjed

HSC
I talked about cost, dosage, resolution and 3D images.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)