HSC
So what did you guys think... all of it was theory

what did you guys write

For 6 marker i discussed following:

A scan
B scan
Sector scan
Doppler shift allows you to monitor things that are pulsating like the heart
Limitations was that because it relied on acoustic impedance it could not penetrate bones and thus could not be used to image the brain or inside the rib cage

Keelan134

HSC
Rushed for time just threw some things down, Did all of those except the Doppler Shift, good work man! Overall Medical Physics was quite easy though

jarradswain

HSC
N/A
Yeah that sounds good.. also could have talked about phase scans but as long as you have the main ones (A,B,sector) you should get full marks. For limitations I also talked about how ultrasound doesn't work very well in gaseous regions, but other than that, it was a really broad question...I'm a little afraid that it was too easy and that the scaling is going to be brutal haha

manscux

HSC
True

What did you guys write for edoscope works

i said that it works by total internal reflection.. described the process and hoe the structure of the edospcope allows for this phenomena to occur. i than said that to actually obtain the image you need both coherent and incoherent fibre bundles.

And

the advances question about how physics in 20th century contributed to the development of mRI

i said superconductors, development in voxel technology and the discovery of net spin and properties of hydrogen (unsure about this one)

jarradswain

HSC
N/A
Yeah sounds good for the endoscope one. haha the advances question was shit, you could've said just about anything.. i suppose if you worded it correctly referring to biological advances in knowledge of the human body (ie. net spin of H) then you couldve gotten marks, although im not sure how related to physics developments it is-more bio

Boozil

HSC
I spoke about A-scan, B-scan, Sector scan, Doppler and the ability to test for bone density for osteo in ankles.. and for the endoscope one i spoke about coherent/incoherent and how they can get it into your body. Loved this option :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)