Media degrees??? (1 Viewer)

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC
Hey, im thinking of transferring from my UNSW BA media and comms to Macquarie's BMedia in screen production or BMedia in multimedia...hopefully for next semester because of travel times and im liking the sound of mac's course more..

so does anyone do either of these courses? im looking for any feedback about the media courses such as:

how many hours are spent doing production? (ie in the computer labs,etc)
what sort of assessments are given?
and basically anything else about the course...

Also, where would i start with the transfer process?!

any help appreciated

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Production: You do 2 production units from 2nd year onwards (1/sem)
Assessments for Multimedia: (only for 208) A pretty introductory course into multimedia as a theory and practice, so essay, and website, with class presentation in tutes and progress marks in labs. Fairly easy if you're in the know, otherwise, it'll offer a very basic look at multimedia.
All media units do the same first year cores: MAS104, 105 and CUL100, these set the theoretic foundations for the later units and are pre-reqs for all of the cores.

Transfers, since its external, would be done through UAC.

Harvey321

KALIFORNIA
HSC
im doing blaw/media this year. the 07 handbook says that i have 9 spare credit points to fulfill this award.. does this mean that i need to choose 3 'elective units' in first year to fulfil this, as this is wht ive been told?
ne help appreciated..
thanx :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeppers, I think its 1 first semester (LAW104/MAS104/CUL100 are your cores I think), and 2 second semester (LAW114/MAS105 being the only cores).

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Yeppers, I think its 1 first semester (LAW104/MAS104/CUL100 are your cores I think), and 2 second semester (LAW114/MAS105 being the only cores).
It's LAW114 first semester and LAW115 second semester - they changed it all now that LEGL units (LEGL100, specifically) aren't offered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)