Medentry 2day course - worthy? (2 Viewers)

Sharky22

HSC
I have been curious for quite some time about these UMAT courses, and have been reluctant in the past to doing them, but my desire to do med only ever burns that much more. And so i intend on trying out Medentry cos of the positive feedback from numerous sources.

So my question is "Is the 2 day course worth attending? or should i just bother with the distance course just to get the materials?" It seems a bit excessive for 300 extra dollars for a 2 day course. Did anyone find it useful?? (if you've been of course), Do you think you really needed that 2 day session/what type of information do they convey to you? (ie. do they give u tips/strategies or just ask you to go through papers etc..)

Thanks in advance!

pink668

HSC
hi!!!

i did the 2 day course plus the online exams. with the online exams, they also include tips on how to tackle certain questions e.g. method used. i found those esp useful for section 3, which was initally my weakness. the actual 2 day workshop basically goes through the different types of questions that you may encounter in the exam. so it's basically a recap of the exam and reports on how to tackle the exam

but in a way, it was useful for me. it showed me the level that people were at. there was one guy who could finish the mock umat exam with heaps of time to spare and nearly always got close to 100%. you also sit a mock umat exams and then mark it yourself. you give them your marks, they then predict your chance of obtaining an interview. however, dont rely on that too much because no umat preparation instituation actually knows the scaling process used by acer.

hope that helps!

aussiechica7

HSC
an extra $300? even w group discount? (sure u could find someone on bos willing to enter group discount w u)

Sharky22

HSC
Thanks Pink668!

Yeh i know with the discount its only an extra 100, but time is probably my main issue with uni and work on weekends. I wouldn't even mind paying an extra 100-300 if i thought the 2 day course would be highly worth it, but i've heard people say it isn't that useful thats all. But thanks for the feedback!! =D

aussiechica7

HSC
i say go for it.

and i have a friend in sydney who needs some ppl 2 do the group discount thing. if u decide to go for it, PM me, and i'll get u 2 in touch. u only need each other's name and ph number

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)