Med (1 Viewer)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
yes i know there's another med thread but my question's a bit different, and i figured u guys'd notice it a bit better... (mebbe it's been asked b4, in which case could one of u mods jus giv me a link to the archive)

firsly, does anyone know the dif btwn undergrad med at monash and melb? and also the two in comparison w/ unsw? i'd wanted to stay in sydney, but i'm a bit more attracted to the hands-on approach in melb - they do a bit more clinical stuf earlier on than in the unsw course? i haven't heard much about monash tho...

secondly, i've heard all these stories about how ppl who get into med usually lie n stuf to cheat the interview? mebbe its jus me but it kinda rorts the system, yah? is this true, and if i don't lie, wil it mean i have a lesser chance of gettin in? (if it is... then i have to say it ain't worth it...)

sif not 99

essentially from what I know melb relies a lot more on UAI or the VTAC down there to select its applicants while Monash uses a more UNSW style of application system.

Also monash teaches in a rather different way to Melbourne, i.e. at melb they start from the head and work down, while at monash they go all over the place.

Thats about all I know.

Twintip

Can anyone offer any info on UNSW V Newcastle?

I know UNSW is good but the idea of college in Newcastle is so appealing, if the med course there is similar to UNSW then I'd almost choose Newcastle first.

That is, if I decide to do med. I'm still undecided! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)