med science vs health science(master of nursing) (1 Viewer)

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
they both sound cool... which one is better though...
say if u scrap the master of nursing... is health science realli a better choice for future applications of grad med?

how hard is it to have a GPA higher than 5.5?

thanks! =D

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
It really depends on why you want to do each of the courses.

If you only want to do them for grad med, then you might as well stick to a broad science degree instead. More flexibility, easier to get higher grades (GPA 5.5 is easy in science) and back up options in case you don't get in.

~Sw33ti3~

HSC
is a gpa of 5.5 easy?
lol
i didn't know dat!

but i was reading the handbook and it said health sci is a very good basis for med and stuff... i am considering sci but since health sci said dat... hmm...

and if gpa 5.5 was hard to get, i mite just do nursing....

so 5.5 not hard?

Skeeta

HSC
if you want to do B. Health Science its at cumberland campus, and appears to be one with the least contact hours. I always see the Health Science people just floating around the uni - its still semi-full on because it IS a science degree, but yeah it has a lesser workload than OT, Physio, speech path etc from what i've heard

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You need to plan what happens if you do not get into med, and a science degree offers far wider career opportunities than health or med science.

In addition you can choose what you want to do in science, as opposed to the other two with fixed subjects, and as a result you can gain a higher mark on average since you're doing what you like.

~Sw33ti3~

HSC
yeah which is a reason i was looking at master of nursing... coz like, if i dun get into med, i can just be a nurse with a master degree (much better than just normal bachlor)

sci is better than health sci coz like health sci is like oh good for med if u wanna do it as a grad degree.... meh!!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Health science, med science, science and biomedical engineering are all recommended by the uni for a grad med degree.

Are any of them better than the others? Or in fact, are any of them better than any other degrees? Not really. It might help prepare you with a scientific background and some knowledge, but if you're determined you can do grad med after pretty much any bachelor degree.

~Sw33ti3~

HSC
hmm.. which one is like easier to get good marks lol
sci? or health sci?
coz like sci u can choose neything and like do well rite?
but health sci looks good too coz they do neuroscience... can u do that in sci?

argh... so confusinnnggg

~Sw33ti3~

HSC
interestingly. i am not trying med coz i think i tis hard 2 get in and i wanna prove i can.

i actually really want to do med. i don't mind such situations like u said. I think that seeing that would just make me feel guilty fo rnot helping them quicker.

i dun think i was ever afraid of blood or stuff like that, because, u and i all have it inside us. and for docs, to just look at them and do somethings with it a person can be better.

isn't that something rewarding? if someone came in half dead, and walk up with a smile on their face, dun u feel satisfied that u have done something to them that mas given them another chance of living.

that is why i want to do med. and i think i am prepared to face such things.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
secret said:
He dropped the surgeon studies because he discovered that he does not have the stomach for it, it makes him sick seeing the insides of others.
Hmm...autopsy...entrails...

Can't wait until med. And that's not sarcasm.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
nit said:
GAMSAT and interview first, Templar my good friend :)
Point taken, but I don't see what GAMSAT has to do with it any more. :p

~Sw33ti3~

HSC
oo... done =D
answers plz... hehe!
it is VERY different to the UMAT samples.... (i think mayb umat looks easier.....)

hehe thankz!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Yeah, I've done the GAMSAT. And no, I don't like section A. Please post a section C question up :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Templar said:
Health science, med science, science and biomedical engineering are all recommended by the uni for a grad med degree.

Are any of them better than the others? Or in fact, are any of them better than any other degrees? Not really. It might help prepare you with a scientific background and some knowledge, but if you're determined you can do grad med after pretty much any bachelor degree.
I have heard from some ppl *not sure how reliable* (some students and a medical officer that teaches Usyd grads.. but then it was an anatomy intensive specialty)...
but anatomy if covered in ure degree would be helpful as grad courses do not realli have as much time to cover a 'basic science'

yes but the point about determined nature is a good one.. it makes the world of difference..

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
velox said:
Gunning for a 75 to get the USyd scholarship Templar?
I thought you need to be edging near a 80 before I even get a look at that scholarship. I was thinking of doing it again with the sole intention of being in the running, but then you have to pass the interview with flying colours too. In the end, I doubt it's really worth it, so I'll be content with what I got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)