Med Sci - Med? (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

One question, when people do medical science, is that because they can do med sci and then med?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
after completing a med sci degree, if u are good enough u can the apply for post grad med....however thats not wat everyone decides to do....med sci is more an area of research and this interests many people.

crystal_meth_au

HSC
well i for one am doing med science.

yes some people do it to gain access to grad med. but a med scientist is a fairly high demands profesion, you ususally work in a pathology lab actually doing the analyzing of a sample that the doctor has sent, you work blood types for transfusions and there alot of work in the pharmacuticals industry working with new drugs, its more linked to 'medicine' in the same way a nurse is.

forgive the typo's im actually in the middle of my farewell party (they have gone on a beer run haha0

hope that helps

MouNtY

oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh ok....

oritey then, so are there other ways that you can get into med sci, if you haven't done a science course for hsc?

or is that just not possible at all?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well a lot of MedSc students go in thinking they'll do this for three years and apply for grad med, but definitely not all. I do believe however that anyone who completes at least a significant portion of a MedSc course will at some point in their studies seriously consider applying for graduate medicine. That said many people go in with the intention of GAMSATing "grow out of it" during the course - they realise that they're more interested in what MedSc can offer them, which is great.

MouNtY

that sounds cool, cause i'm actually going to do a BBioSci this year and i was hoping that i can move into med sci cause it looks pretty good, but i'm not actually sure if that's possible? can anyone hear tell me that or should i call like a uni or something?...

cause my uai wasn't crash hot this year so i thought i could start at the bottom and work up. i mean i don't really care how long it takes but i'd eventually like to end up in med sci.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
that sounds cool, cause i'm actually going to do a BBioSci this year and i was hoping that i can move into med sci cause it looks pretty good, but i'm not actually sure if that's possible? can anyone hear tell me that or should i call like a uni or something?...

cause my uai wasn't crash hot this year so i thought i could start at the bottom and work up. i mean i don't really care how long it takes but i'd eventually like to end up in med sci.
yep, they look at your uni marks more i reckon, and the availability of place. coz my friend got into med sci at unsw with a pass average at b science unsw, and a uai of 79. so good luck to you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)