Med Revue 2004 - The Cat with the Fat (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
hmm.. quite dissapointed by the revue overall, 8 inch last year was much better and more funnier. this year they didnt even have enough fillers so they just played popcorn.

hope law is more promising.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i saw it today!
it was really good
but yeah first time so i dont know whats the standard

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
i dont know if any revue has considered this but try putting the band volume really low because it drowns out the singers. year after year this happens and i think its really ineffective.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
hmm.. quite dissapointed by the revue overall, 8 inch last year was much better and more funnier. this year they didnt even have enough fillers so they just played popcorn.

hope law is more promising.

hmmmm I agree, maybe it was just my night, but I didn't really like it at all - I found most of the skits disjoint and really made little sense.....

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
hmmmm :( looked like they ran out of punchlines

can we plug cse revue now?

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Maybe they should have saved the "Average show" joke for themselves, it was that mediocre.

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Yeah I went to it last night, it wasn't that bad (although it was the first Med Revue I've been to, so I'm not sure of the usual standard), there were a few good sketches but it relied on heavy sexual references for most of it's humour.

One clever act was the Guantanamo Bay song, that was cleverly written. But some of the jokes were :rolleyes: , they were far too crude.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
i agree with scut, a few good sketches, but too many sexual jokes
cmon guys we are in uni now, we are past that risque-sexual innuendo/allusions that were oh so funny in high school.

Mill

HSC
I thought the sexual jokes got the most laughs. At least they seemed to opening night.

Did I see correctly though that there was a skit about the actual lack of punchlines, lol?

B

Bambul

Originally posted by Skywalker
Maybe they should have saved the "Average show" joke for themselves, it was that mediocre.
Average show is actually a show on at Studio 1 during week 12 (that's next week). Nick Carney (Union President) is in it and it's apparently funny.

Just thought I'd mention that.

B

Bambul

In case any of you are interested:

Law Revue: Want to join us on stage? You dont need a history of thespian prowess, nor do you need to be a law student, you MAY need a little co-ordination, but that can be learnt. We can even train you in technical production of the show. Expression of Interest Meeting: Monday 31 May (Week 13), 1pm at Room1042, Law Tower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)