Med Entry Practice Exam Percentiles (1 Viewer)

HungryHobo

HSC
Hey People

I was just wondering what raw marks people were getting for the 10 MedEntry practice exams for each section and what their subsequent percentiles were.
Also what is your overall percentile and tell me for which exam specifically ie. Exam 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10?

Last edited:

HungryHobo

HSC
I know these percentiles change as more people complete the tests but I was wondering what results people were getting from MedEntry at the time?

It's good for everyone to compare. Get an idea of our progress

chloeboat

HSC
Exam 1
Section 1: 33/44 = 91st percentile
Section 2: 31/40 = 88th percentile
Section 3: 17/38 = 49th percentile

Exam 2
Section 1: 33/44 = 96th percentile
Section 2: 33/40 = 78th percentile
Section 3: 25/38 = 77th percentile

Exam 3
Section 1: 37/44 = 100th percentile
Section 3: 27/38 = 92nd percentile

Exam 4
Section 1: 35/44 = 98th percentile
Section 2: 35/40 = 100th percentile

PS: Dream Meteor from this forum tutors me for section 3 and she's amazing, obviously it's really helped :)
So check her outtt.

Last edited:

AKITOD

HSC
wow that's impressive how you're S3 results have improved.

I also got 17/38 on the first exam S3. But my improvement hasn't been anywhere near as rapid. Do you have a particular technique to studying it?

Also anybody notice their percentiles for the workshop were better than their percentiles on the online medentry exams?

My percentiles on the 'mock' exam on the workshop were 95, 85, 70 (S1, 2, 3: 36, 31, 21 questions correct). Doing the exams on the LMS they're closer to the 80% or 60% for Section 3. Is there a reason?

chloeboat

HSC
I didn't go to the workshop, I just did one on one tutoring with her. Exam 1 is before I started tutoring and Exam 2 was the day after my first lesson. I did one exam after every lesson, after our last lesson, my section 3 percentile was up to 97. Mmm, I sound like an advertisement, but she's an awesome tutor.

I just learnt the techniques/strategies to tackle different types of section 3 questions. After that I wasn't staring at patterns and contemplating suicide nearly as often :)

A few friends were telling me that about their section 3 workshop marks compared to their LMS marks. Section 3 is the most easily improved, so perhaps other people have been working on their techniques since or some aren't doing the exams under exam conditions.

AKITOD

HSC
just completed one of my best (of at least most consistent) exams.

Exam 9 LMS percentiles: 80, 97, 85.

Dream Meteor

HSC
I didn't go to the workshop, I just did one on one tutoring with her. Exam 1 is before I started tutoring and Exam 2 was the day after my first lesson. I did one exam after every lesson, after our last lesson, my section 3 percentile was up to 97. Mmm, I sound like an advertisement, but she's an awesome tutor.

I just learnt the techniques/strategies to tackle different types of section 3 questions. After that I wasn't staring at patterns and contemplating suicide nearly as often :)

A few friends were telling me that about their section 3 workshop marks compared to their LMS marks. Section 3 is the most easily improved, so perhaps other people have been working on their techniques since or some aren't doing the exams under exam conditions.
:wave: Thank you Chloe, for your too generous compliments! It was a great pleasure teaching you because your improvements really made me feel successful! Hahaha. And also I saw your latest percentiles - absolutely amazing! And note because you've been comparing your percentiles, your improvement is actually RELATIVE to all other MedEntry students so Im particularly pleased. Promise you'll let me know how you go in the UMAT?

PS watch out for people calling you my troll from now on, hehe.

chloeboat

HSC
Grats on the percentiles :)

No problem and thanks for all the help! Haha, provided I don't fail abysmally, I'll let you know how it goes.

I think I can cope with copping a little flak.

Dream Meteor

HSC
are the papers harder than those for 09?
Not that I've done it personally in the past two years but from what I see on my students' accounts, MedEntry recycles at least 80% of their past questions so no, I dont think its much harder.

Although note you've now got more questions in sections 2 and 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)