med application form (1 Viewer)

janishe

HSC
Hi,

Just wondering what sorts of things people wrote on their application forms for med (UNSW)- the personal motivation section in particular- what made you guys want to study med @ UNSW?

I'm trying to fill out the form now and I'm looking for some tips.

Nelson Russia

HSC
Hi Janishe,

I truly understand how hard that question is to answer, but keep in mind that there is no right or wrong response. I encourage you to perhaps look at the UNSW med faculty website, and understand what the program has to offer. Additionally if you have any friends or someone you are acquainted with, studying med at UNSW, you may wish to ask them what makes their experience so much fun at UNSW :) As these are your personal motivations, try to express how you really feel, so that the person reading it know a bit about who you are (build a strong sense of character). Hope these are useful tips. Best wishes for getting into med :D

flowergrl

HSC
Nelson Russia said:
keep in mind that there is no right or wrong response. I encourage you to perhaps look at the UNSW med faculty website, and understand what the program has to offer. Additionally if you have any friends or someone you are acquainted with, studying med at UNSW, you may wish to ask them what makes their experience so much fun at UNSW :) As these are your personal motivations, try to express how you really feel, so that the person reading it know a bit about who you are (build a strong sense of character).
I agree. You will need to read through programme on their website to get a detailed understanding of what will be expected of you.

You use what you like about it basically =).

Hope that helps.

Tim035

HSC
Sorry if I'm sort of Hijacking your thread, but I thought I may as well ask here rather then make a new topic.
Some of my med sci friends this week have been submitting that form to the office under the assumption that you must submit that form to be eligible for the lateral transfer scheme, is this correct? I've done some research since comming home and can't find anything to suggest that would be needed. Apparently the final date to submit that form is tommorow as well :S

BigBear_25

HSC
Tim035 said:
Sorry if I'm sort of Hijacking your thread, but I thought I may as well ask here rather then make a new topic.
Some of my med sci friends this week have been submitting that form to the office under the assumption that you must submit that form to be eligible for the lateral transfer scheme, is this correct? I've done some research since comming home and can't find anything to suggest that would be needed. Apparently the final date to submit that form is tommorow as well :S
Hi Tim,

You do have to submit a med application form to be considered for the lateral transfer scheme. If you check the application form there is a check box to indicate that you are a B MedSci student. If you do happen to miss today's deadline you can always apply later but you will miss out on being offered a first round interview in September.

Tim035

HSC
Hmmm, that sux.
I talked to a few individuals within the faculty and they said I didn't, so I'am yet to fill out a form. I guess as donik said, it couldn't hurt; so I might as well fill it out and submit it early this semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)