Mechtronic Engineering (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

Hi,

Im a now second year usyd engineering student and Ive already made up my mind to tackle mechatronic engineering after being flexible for first year.

Ive had mixed opinion about the degree - the career advisor at usyd advised me strongly against it saying they would work you to death and you wont handle it hehehe.

Im not to worried about the workload as I beleive I could handle anything if I put my mind to it. I would like, however to ask (those who are in the course) what it is like. What do you like about it and what do you hate?

I personally chose it because the content it covers (electronics, computer, software, mechanical) interests me and I am also a logical / physics based person.

Can anyone comment on job oppertunity in this area?

allstarr69

hellllo mechatronic engineers.. this is my life here!! knock knock :s

lol. I take it there either too busy programming some high tech gizmo, their unconscious and hibernating from a long stressful academic year... or no one cares.

Probably the last :p

HSC
Just for the sake of posting.... :wave:
Ive had a passion for robotics for a few years, but then decided against the engineering pathway when I heard my sister's friend had been studying mechatronics eng for over 8 years at unsw and still has not finished the course. This is probably because he comes over to my house to play computer games almost every few days... but back to the point, he has finally decided to give-up trying and has moved onto something business related.
Well, I guess if you're prepared to superglue text books to your face, you'll do fine. But hey, what would I know... :sleep:

allstarr69

Walking Mushroo said:
Just for the sake of posting.... :wave:
Ive had a passion for robotics for a few years, but then decided against the engineering pathway when I heard my sister's friend had been studying mechatronics eng for over 8 years at unsw and still has not finished the course. This is probably because he comes over to my house to play computer games almost every few days... but back to the point, he has finally decided to give-up trying and has moved onto something business related.
Well, I guess if you're prepared to superglue text books to your face, you'll do fine. But hey, what would I know... :sleep:

lol i did hear it was a hard degree with lots of dropouts. i mean the engineering guy advised me STRONGLY against it!!! haha... but I know its all mostly logic and physics and not as much memorising.. which is a good thing for me.

Well im already commited so if god wants me to waste the next 4 years then hell tell me in four years :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's a hard degree but it's also awesome. The staff are awesome, the subjects are awesome, I love it :D

allstarr69

What are the mechatronic engineering like.. I mean its only a small community so I assume everyone gets to know each other... in your year... are they all crazy nerds / drunkards.. or somewhere in between...

and i assume seein a chik doin the subject wud be like finding gold on the moon?

OH wait.. does the moon have gold? lolz:s

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Um there's like about 3 or 4 girls out of 40 odd doing it, and you get all types doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)