Mechatronics, Aeronautical engineering (1 Viewer)

Victorist

Hey

Im interested in doing engineering, especiallly mechatronics and aeronautical/aerospace.

But, what are the job prospects of those courses? Especially mechatronics as I cant find any jobs related to mechatronics on the web.

Do these engineering get a decent salary?

Thanks, I would appreciate it if some of you could help.

jayz

walking
Ok no offence, from what NASA is doing right now, I dun fink u r going to find a secure career in space related engineering.

I know a friend of mine who like mechatronics, but all he liked about the course is because he can play with those electronic dogs. Still, there r definitely jobs out there, even though I can't help u out with anything.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
!?!?!?
Originally posted by jayz

I know a friend of mine who like mechatronics, but all he liked about the course is because he can play with those electronic dogs. Still, there r definitely jobs out there, even though I can't help u out with anything.

yay, i saw the electronic dogs on a video at UNSW!!!
i want to play with them too....

but it was a computer science etc. lecture

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
again as all careers advisors say, victor, choose carreer on intrest rather than wages.....

cause if you don't enjoy a job your not going to do good in it!!

just like what you said in co-op application, lol

jayz

walking
try this experiment, go out to anywhere where there are ppl and ask them if they truly enjoy their jobs.
No Doubt, everyone would say 'i love my job' (yes, that'll be the last thing they say)

the pt being, interests change over time, so unless u are crazy or mad, u really don't know where your true interests lie, so whatever career u r planning to be part of right now, it's more likely that u will quit this desire in the future and go where there's big money. (we all have to admit, money is a common weakness among ppl)

Azn fairies

well aero. engerinering is cooll - first year 34,000
full time after UNi- 60,000+
so they get pay a lot.. im going to do aero. in UNSW- i applyed by ADFA. i think that is theo nly way throguh ADFA- it's also tax free casue u can work for the airforce. as well not just NASA!

aslo if u apply by ADFA u get pay to do ur degree- 19,000 a year :p

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by jm1234567890
but it was a computer science etc. lecture
well, it is mainly comp sci / comp engg and seng students who are involved in the building of those robotic dogs ....

Farnarcle

Yeah, I wanna do mechatronic engineering, too. Space jobs will be really hard to get into, but other than that there is research (advanced robotic research, etc), industrial jobs (making robots for productions lines, etc), or commercial work, like for a toy company or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)