MBLG1001 with CHEM fail? (1 Viewer)

Sonesful

HSC
So I want to do MBLG1001 next semester, however, I'm a bit worried I may have failed chemistry... don't know yet we'll see. But in the event that I do, will I still be able to take MBLG1001 next semester? Or will I have to redo CHEM1101? MBLG1001 has assumed knowledge requirements of CHEM and BIO, not too worried about bio, just chemistry.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
You can still do MBLG1001. I never did Chemistry and was able to enrol (did BIOL1003 at the time).

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Ha ha, so glad I'm not the only one who thought the chem exam was hard. Whoever gets top marks in that exam really deserves it.

Sonesful

HSC
If you fail it you have to do it again next semester correct?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
... You can choose to redo that CHEM unit or do CHEM1001 instead. Most people would redo units but all the best ~ hopefully you passed with flying colours. :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Arrr so the chem was monstrously hard this year as well. (likes were for sympathy of your experience of the chem exam, not liking that it was hard)

For what's worth, there's probably a solid 400 students legitimately thinking they have failed when they have passed than what actually will (which is a very small percentage). I know it sounds hard to believe at this point, but legit so many people in my year ended up doing a bit better than they thought. Remember you've already gotten some marks from the quizzes and the labs.

You can do MBLG1001 w/o CHEM1001. I feel having not having passed chemistry will not hamper you too much in the course. Firstly, all the organic chem you need to know/depth is covered in mblg. Secondly, first sem chem is inorganic so there's not many concepts of use in MBLG in first sem. Thirdly, as someone that was terrible at chem, I did find/perform a bit better in MBLG.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Arrr so the chem was monstrously hard this year as well. (likes were for sympathy of your experience of the chem exam, not liking that it was hard)

For what's worth, there's probably a solid 400 students legitimately thinking they have failed when they have passed than what actually will (which is a very small percentage). I know it sounds hard to believe at this point, but legit so many people in my year ended up doing a bit better than they thought. Remember you've already gotten some marks from the quizzes and the labs.

You can do MBLG1001 w/o CHEM1001. I feel having not having passed chemistry will not hamper you too much in the course. Firstly, all the organic chem you need to know/depth is covered in mblg. Secondly, first sem chem is inorganic so there's not many concepts of use in MBLG in first sem. Thirdly, as someone that was terrible at chem, I did find/perform a bit better in MBLG.
I was on 39/40 pre-final so hopefully that helps LOL.

Galactic Jam

HSC
w0t the chem1901 paper seemed a lot nicer than previous years, so not sure if dunning kruger effect or not.

Sonesful

HSC
I think I got some of the really easy questions wrong because of some really stupid mistakes... which is why I think I failed :p

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Ffff-, ha, I thought Chem1001 was hard! First exam in 10 years; I'm in total shock. So, if you're all doing Chem1901 you're damn amazing from where I'm sitting.

Symphonicity

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a bit late to the party. I found CHEM1101 hard, and I was incredibly stressed for the exam as well, so I didn't perform as well as I should have. I attempted almost all of the questions, but skipped almost 2 full pages at the end of the test (there was something like 29 pages though).

I felt immediately like I have probably failed - but statistically, the top of the bell curve in chem is about 65/100 (out of those who passed, they don't seem to release stats on how many have failed, but you can sort of guess from the curve).

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a bit late to the party. I found CHEM1101 hard, and I was incredibly stressed for the exam as well, so I didn't perform as well as I should have. I attempted almost all of the questions, but skipped almost 2 full pages at the end of the test (there was something like 29 pages though).

I felt immediately like I have probably failed - but statistically, the top of the bell curve in chem is about 65/100 (out of those who passed, they don't seem to release stats on how many have failed, but you can sort of guess from the curve).
They give you the total number of people that sit the exam and you can add the total number of people for each mark bracket to get the number of people that passed. You find that of the people that sat the exam, about 10% failed in CHEM1101, about 15% failed in CHEM1001 and about 0.5% failed in CHEM1901/1903.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)