MBBS at UNSW (1 Viewer)

r.uss

HSC
Hello!!!

I'm just wondering if anybody here is currently studying the MBBS at UNSW and if so I wonder if you could shed some light as to why you chose to study the MBBS at UNSW as opposed to other universities (namely USYD).

Largely, the fact of the matter is that the MBBS at UNSW takes 6 years, whilst the grad course at USYD only takes 4. Are there significant differences between the courses? To my knowledge, such a discrepancy between the lengths of courses doesn't happen very often...

I am very over the whole competition between two unis: this is entirely a question of quality in education and how academically rigorous the course is at UNSW and any help you can give is very much solicited and appreciated!

Tim035

HSC
I think (cbf checking) that the 4 year program at Usyd is a trimester where you basically don't stop for 4 years.

Personally I like RPA better than Prince of Wales, but that doesn't have much to do with education quality.

lizajane91

HSC
Im at POW its pretty awesome because depending on the topic we can either go to Royal Womens, Sydney Childrens or POW Adult hospital.

Oh and to answer your question, i would prefer to start medicine straight away rather than wait 2 years doing an unrelated course (it may be preferable for some if they have other interets thoguh)

I also would never even have a chance at the USyd course so i never really thoguht about it too much, but if you are one of those smarties go ahead.
It really depends on your own opinion, dont choose a uni based on perceived reputation because in the end where you got your degree from, carries little relevence as an intern..

I ended up getting places at other unis though and my reasons for choosing UNSW were mainly.. proximity to my home town, accomodation, trivial reasons such as being able to watch the dragons play footy :p, and course structure.

Dont think about it too mcuh yet just wait until offers, because you may only get one choice in the end anyway

Tim035

HSC
St. Vinnies is cool, I did a clinical internship there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)