Maybe...Maybe not... (1 Viewer)

dezzy

HSC
My first preference was for a BA Arts/Communication. The 2004 Cut-off was 91.

I got way below this uai cut off.

I really really really want to do this course.

My question is, even tho my uai is no where near the cut off, if there are still places available in this course after all offers have been made, will i be offered a place in this course? I dont know the level of demand/popularity of this course so im a bit confused.

Also, if i go to the options day on Jan5th, do u think the people there will just laugh at me because of my uai and think "omg, he has no chance!"? lol...

I dont know what to do.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I really really really wanted to do law at Sydney. Unfortunately really really really wanting something isn't good enough.

If the cutoff is 91 it means there aren't any places left, as it was filled up with ppl with uais on the higher end of the scale.

Sorry to say but they will laugh. Do arts and transfer over in 06.

dezzy

HSC
lol..ok thanks.

i cant even do arts. my uai wont let me into that either..lol

dezzy

HSC
ok. so now i have another question.
ive been looking through the UAC guide, and i can apply for the Business Admin Course (2004 cut off 70) at the Shoalhaven Campus. I would hopefully be accepted for this course.

My question is, even tho this course isnt what i want to do, if i were to be accepted into it, could i defer for the year and then transfer courses and move up to the main wollongong uni campus to do the BA arts/communication course that i originally set out to do? Would this work? I just want to get my foot in the door.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I don't think so. Again you should ask, other people might tell you otherwise. I think in order to transfer you need to have a Credit average, and if you have deferred, then you don't have a Credit Average. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)