May have fucked up my fins1613 finals (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW 2015 Summer School Roll Call thread ~

Hi, I'm ON. I study combined commerce.

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
Your fail mark just gets added into the mix of courses that make up your WAM. Redoing the course just means you can move onto the other courses but both your fail and redone mark and calculated into WAM. It aint cool mang

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow is FINS1613 very hard this time?
FFS This is the reason why I CONSTANTLY emphasize to students to NOT take FINS1613 in 2nd sem unless if you want to get buttraped.

When I took the course and did the finals, I literally copied every single question from the ppl next to me. That's how fucked I was for the finals. It's completely bullshit imo =_='

Which is a reason why I think they should at least publish more past papers and past exams. But too bad the FINS department insist on being cost-cutting and always liking to reuse papers.

See you at summer school
They don't even have it in summer school, so do it in semester 1.

Traveller0901

HSC
Do you still need to repeat the flexible core if you fail or can you take another flexible core to make up for it (for commerce)?

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you still need to repeat the flexible core if you fail or can you take another flexible core to make up for it (for commerce)?
If it's required for your major then you will need to repeat it. Otherwise you can take something else.

Traveller0901

HSC
If it's required for your major then you will need to repeat it. Otherwise you can take something else.
Oh okay, thank god. Don't want to do macro again.. (but that potential F on my transcript though) :'(

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
FFS This is the reason why I CONSTANTLY emphasize to students to NOT take FINS1613 in 2nd sem unless if you want to get buttraped.

When I took the course and did the finals, I literally copied every single question from the ppl next to me. That's how fucked I was for the finals. It's completely bullshit imo =_='

Which is a reason why I think they should at least publish more past papers and past exams. But too bad the FINS department insist on being cost-cutting and always liking to reuse papers.

They don't even have it in summer school, so do it in semester 1.
I did it in sem 2 and struggled a lot

Randox

HSC
N/A
That test was so f*****!!! Surely it would get scaled?? I'd imagine sooo many people getting less than 50% raw in this test. Does fins1613 usually scale in second sem?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yep, that exam was so bad, pretty sure i failed. When i was walking out of the exam you could tell everyone got rekt from it

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Yep, that exam was so bad, pretty sure i failed. When i was walking out of the exam you could tell everyone got rekt from it
Wouldn't there be scaling or something then taking care of this?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Welp now here's a rant for FINS1613 this year.
https://www.facebook.com/UnswRants/posts/686302384798860

/Reason why I would propose doing CATEIS maybe after exams and results period.
I agree with CATEI being after exams though not particularly for that reason (maybe though its a good idea).

My actual reason for having CATEI after exams is so that I actually find the time to fill them our instead of studying....

a19901213

HSC
Nah. ASB does not do scaling.
ASB does scaling. I remember when I did ECON1203 long time ago, I failed my final so badly(we were allowed to bring paper home so I know I failed) I was expecting a fail for the course but surprisingly I managed to get a credit.

For majority of compulsory courses they do scaling when necessary, they can't afford failing too many people once.

boat460

65 WAM Prop Trader
HSC
c u @ summer school everyone
nah asb does scaled i did fins1613 last sem and they scaled me by 9 marks. ty ty ty

omgg

HSC
c u @ summer school everyone
nah asb does scaled i did fins1613 last sem and they scaled me by 9 marks. ty ty ty
dream is still real?

do i dare to hope?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)