Maxine McKew for Bennelong (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I wouldn't call anything south of the Lane Cove River North Shore, it isn't North Shore of Sydney Harbour, and they aren't as affluent as Lane Cove or Pymble. The Parramatta River starts at Yurulbin Point

PS. Where is his office? Still at 230 Victoria Road Gladesville? My uncle has been trying to get him for years but keeps on palming him off to his sissy boy state MP Anthony Roberts who looks like hes just fell out of a potato sack

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ihavenothing said:
I wouldn't call anything south of the Lane Cove River North Shore, it isn't North Shore of Sydney Harbour, and they aren't as affluent as Lane Cove or Pymble. The Parramatta River starts at Yurulbin Point

PS. Where is his office? Still at 230 Victoria Road Gladesville? My uncle has been trying to get him for years but keeps on palming him off to his sissy boy state MP Anthony Roberts who looks like hes just fell out of a potato sack
Anthony Roberts is the most tremendous individual in the history of Australia.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
withoutaface said:
Anthony Roberts is the most tremendous individual in the history of Australia.
LOL he is such a little bitch, I can't stand his whiney feminine voice, I bet he was porking Alan Jones when he was working for Johnny. Useless local member

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
Bennelong has been changed substantially from being based on Lane Cove Council in the 70's and 80's and now moved westward to add the shitholes (dare I say) of Eastwood, Ryde and Ermington so it will be no hard feat for her. She can get Kevin to speak some Chinese and Korean to lure the Asian vote
Eastwood and Ryde have been Bennelong for decades, that and the whole southern and most of the eastern sections of Bennelong are pretty Liberal, adding Melrose Park isnt going to take much out of East Ryde, Tennyson, Marsfield, Gladesville, Putney and Baronia Park.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
Yeah, pretty much. East Ryde/Gladesville/Putney/Tennyson are the only really "North-Shore" parts of Bennelong left really.
Dont forget Marsfield aka. mansion town

and Baronia

and the parts of Lane Cove West still in the electorate ..

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
A house down the street sold for $1.1m not that long ago, you're telling me this is working class?

Its upper north shore, but definitely still north shore, at least my neck of the woods anyway.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ihavenothing said:
LOL he is such a little bitch, I can't stand his whiney feminine voice, I bet he was porking Alan Jones when he was working for Johnny. Useless local member
Useless unless you like free alcohol, I suppose.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bshoc said:
A house down the street sold for $1.1m not that long ago, you're telling me this is working class?

Its upper north shore, but definitely still north shore, at least my neck of the woods anyway.
My house in Leichhardt is worth $950K. Should that be considered North Shore?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Uhm. I live in Ryde and I can say we're not north shore. Keyword: shore.

We're Northern Suburbs though.

Most of that area, to my knowledge (Gladesville, Ryde, Putney) are strong liberal supporters.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Uhm. I live in Ryde and I can say we're not north shore. Keyword: shore.

We're Northern Suburbs though.

Most of that area, to my knowledge (Gladesville, Ryde, Putney) are strong liberal supporters.
Suburbs like Lane Cove and Chatswood are north shore and they don't have "shore" either. North Shore isn't so much a geographical area as it is a cultural and economic one.

And on those terms I'd say the approximately the eastern third of Bennelong as well as the waterside suburbs like Putney and Tennyson mark the edge of this so called cultral area.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
bshoc said:
Forgiveness please ..
Also Gladesville, Ryde and surrounds are not North Shore.

Even if you say that a house sold for $1.1mil then it's not North Shore. I live in Gordon and I live near houses selling for upwards of $3mil.

Geographically and socio-economically, it's a different region. Yes that area (particularly Hunters Hill and Woolwich) is becoming more affluent but at the same time you can't quite call it the "North Shore" because the geography does come into it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bshoc said:
Suburbs like Lane Cove and Chatswood are north shore and they don't have "shore" either. North Shore isn't so much a geographical area as it is a cultural and economic one.

And on those terms I'd say the approximately the eastern third of Bennelong as well as the waterside suburbs like Putney and Tennyson mark the edge of this so called cultral area.
I can see what you're saying and I lean towards you in the argument. But still, culturally, I don't feel Putney and Tennyson are true north shore-ish to call them North Shore suburbs. In my head anyway.

Anyway. Maxine. Failing to give me pamphlets.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
Also Gladesville, Ryde and surrounds are not North Shore.

Even if you say that a house sold for $1.1mil then it's not North Shore. I live in Gordon and I live near houses selling for upwards of $3mil.

Geographically and socio-economically, it's a different region. Yes that area (particularly Hunters Hill and Woolwich) is becoming more affluent but at the same time you can't quite call it the "North Shore" because the geography does come into it.
If you want to define it on strict geographical terms, Gordon isn't "north shore" either, in any case that $3mil house must've been one heck of a house because the median is only $1.2mil
http://www.domain.com.au/public/suburbprofile.aspx?mode=%20$257,000&suburb=Gordon&postcode=2072

now observe one of suburbs I've been claiming as the Bennelong North Shore

http://www.domain.com.au/public/SuburbProfile.aspx?searchTerm=Tennyson%20Point&mode=%20$257,000

On that note who the heck with 3mil buys a house in Gordon .. seems like Double Bay material to me ..

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I can see what you're saying and I lean towards you in the argument. But still, culturally, I don't feel Putney and Tennyson are true north shore-ish to call them North Shore suburbs. In my head anyway.
I assume you dont actually live in one of the following suburbs:

Putney, Tennyson, Gladesville, Boronia, Marsfield, East Ryde

I do, and it seems pretty North Shore to me, albiet on the edge as I said, it would actually take me a few minutes driving westward to get out of the north shore I think.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
bshoc said:
I assume you dont actually live in one of the following suburbs:

Putney, Tennyson, Gladesville, Boronia, Marsfield, East Ryde

I do, and it seems pretty North Shore to me, albiet on the edge as I said, it would actually take me a few minutes driving westward to get out of the north shore I think.
Bahahaha! Are you kidding me?

My boyfriend lives in Boronia Park, I live in Gordon. I'm really trying not to be snobby here because I hate the North Shore and I love where he lives because it's so much more relaxed. There is an uptight nature to the North Shore that this area is distinctly lacking.

You've obviously never lived in the North Shore. Women wear gold jewellery to go grocery shopping, are stone cold bitches, get Botox at 35 and push their kids so hard they land in therapy.

Yes your house prices are rising but it doesn't mean you can tack yourself onto this certain area. It doesn't make sense in terms of both geography and the type of people.

EDIT: But back to Maxine. I think it would be absolutely hilarious to see an upset at the next election but I'm not sure she can really pull it off. Howard seems to have a fairly safe electorate which seems to be quite staunchly Liberal. There will probably won't be as safe after this election but I can't see him realistically getting voted out here.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
Bahahaha! Are you kidding me?

My boyfriend lives in Boronia Park, I live in Gordon. I'm really trying not to be snobby here because I hate the North Shore and I love where he lives because it's so much more relaxed. There is an uptight nature to the North Shore that this area is distinctly lacking.

You've obviously never lived in the North Shore. Women wear gold jewellery to go grocery shopping, are stone cold bitches, get Botox at 35 and push their kids so hard they land in therapy.

Yes your house prices are rising but it doesn't mean you can tack yourself onto this certain area. It doesn't make sense in terms of both geography and the type of people.
Perhaps wikipedia can succeed where I, sadly, could not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_North_Shore_(Sydney)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Is Mosman North Shore? That's where Maxine lives. What about McMahons Point?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
jb_nc said:
Is Mosman North Shore? That's where Maxine lives. What about McMahons Point?
Yes, that is what is considered Lower North Shore.

Also, in the traditional sense, Wikipedia is wrong. Extending the lower North Shore all the way out to Denistone really doesn't make sense.

But back to Maxine boys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)