Matrix HSC Trial Exam Prep Courses worth the money? (1 Viewer)

Illest

HSC
[h=3]Mathematics - ADV, Ext 1 & Ext 2[/h]
[h=3]Biology, Chemistry & Physics[/h]
[h=3]Course Objective:[/h]To provide Year 12 students with an intensive revision of the topics covered in the HSC course in preparation for the upcoming HSC Trial Examination.
To provide Year 12 students with an intensive revision of the Core topics covered in the HSC course in preparation for the upcoming HSC Trial Examination.
[h=3]Students[/h][h=3]Learn:[/h]
  • Exam techniques & strategies to maximize their marks in the trial examination.
  • To analyse a variety of examination-style questions,including past trial and HSC examination questions.
  • To integrate knowledge, understanding and skills developed in the Mathematics course to solve unfamiliar problems.

• Exam techniques & strategies to maximize their marks in the trial examination.
  • To analyse a variety of examination-style questions, including past trial and HSC examination questions
  • To integrate knowledge, understanding and skills developed in the Physics &Chemistry courses to solve unfamiliar problems.
[h=3][/h]
[h=3]Student[/h][h=3]Receive:[/h]
  • 3 hours × 5 days (3 hours x 3 days for Maths ADV) of tuition from an experienced HSC teacher.
  • A full set of resources for the duration of the course.
  • Additional Support from our tutors on the weekend following the course.

• 3 hours × 5 days of tuition from an experienced HSC teacher
  • A full set of resources including exam questions and solutions for the 5 days
  • Additional Support from tutors on the weekend following the course
[h=3]Who Should Apply:[/h]Year 12 Mathematics students who need to brush up on the concepts & skills developed in the Mathematics course. The program is ideal for those who wish to improve their examination techniques so as to maximize their marks and improve their rank in the coming HSC Trial Examination. Year 12 students who need to review key concepts behind the theory and master skills and techniques required in the HSC course. The program is ideal for those wishing to improve their ability to write responses to exam questions clearly and concisely in order to maximize their marks.

[h=3]Course Fee:[/h]$595 per subject (Maths ADV: $395)
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Enrol before 20 June 2012 and SAVE $100 (Save $50 for Maths ADV)
That's $495 per subject ($345 for Maths ADV) if you enrol before 20 June 2012!

I'm thinking about enrolling, does anyone know if these prep courses at Matrix are helpful? Is it worth it or overpriced? How big would the classes be?

killerg0d

HSC
Yes it is, i was 50% dude in physics. Now im in the 90% >
all thanks to matrix.

Aliyas

HSC
Are the english ones any good? I'm considering going.

HSC
Uni Grad
My friends did Matrix during the 2011/2012 summer holidays and they said apart from being really boring lectures, they give you good notes etc from it. About two or three who went who were in my English standard class, are topping it. I am thinking of going but it costs $180 or so for all the English sessions I want to go.

Aliyas

HSC
My friends did Matrix during the 2011/2012 summer holidays and they said apart from being really boring lectures, they give you good notes etc from it. About two or three who went who were in my English standard class, are topping it. I am thinking of going but it costs $180 or so for all the English sessions I want to go.
Ahh, okay. It looks really good, and the fact that they give you good notes is great. It costs a fair bit though =/

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Are the english ones any good? I'm considering going.
The english ones are terrible, get someone who can mark your essays individually and train you for assessments for your particular texts.

But I've heard excellent things about these courses for Maths and science. I'd actually recommend them for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)