• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths (2 Viewers)

What maths?

• General

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • 2 unit

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Extension 1

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Extension 2

Votes: 34 32.4%

• Total voters

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Numero Uno
I congratulate u on studying hard and doing well without the help of tutors.
Umm where did I say I study hard? My school is a bludge, I don't study and still top most things, now I just need to study for the HSC.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
holy crap...do you do 14 units?
yeah i do ... english adv, maths 4u, phys, chem, legal and music. Did you guess this because i swear i didnt post that i do 14 units here?
Why do u ask anyhows? Dont alot of ppl do 14?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mazza_728
yeah i do ... english adv, maths 4u, phys, chem, legal and music. Did you guess this because i swear i didnt post that i do 14 units here?
Why do u ask anyhows? Dont alot of ppl do 14?
i looked it up in your profile....14 units is quite crazy and full on in my opinion, i dont know how someone can handle it! but if you can...thats awesome! u seem like a gr8 student....i dont think a lot of people do 14 units, in fatc, you're hte only one i know heheh but in my school they really encourage people to do 10 units ( i started off with 13 now i do 11)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Oh thanks :) um well with music ive always done it outside of school so i dont really put alot of effort in. its just really for fun and id be doing it anyway, so why not let it count to my UAI? and legal studies i just enjoy it and am highly interested so i mainly only focus on 10 units and the others i just study out of interest. Im the only one in my school doing 14 and my friends think im crazy too but i'll battle through. I really doubt my own ability and am positive in need 4 units as backup ..

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
how much did you study???? :confused:
During term, if you're lucky you cold have gotten 30 mins work out of me a night. Exams, studied when I got home to when I fell asleep. Cramming works for me.

suz

HSC
General maths for me, was my spare and I didn't have to do too much work lol

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
During term, if you're lucky you cold have gotten 30 mins work out of me a night. Exams, studied when I got home to when I fell asleep. Cramming works for me.
what the???
and you got UAI= 99.75??

thats so crazy and possibly unfair....(refer to my post 'im a tad peeved' abotu subject scaling )

seriously i know people who study about 5 hours each night (yes its extreme) and they did not do nearly as well as you did! so my question is....

HOW?
i'm puzzled how people liek you work less than others yet score so well...im pretty sure its the subjects you did which is why i made that angry thread

:confused:

J0n

N/A
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Was that 30 mins of math or althogether?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i'm puzzled how people liek you work less than others yet score so well...im pretty sure its the subjects you did which is why i made that angry thread

:confused:
what are you saying... the guy says he studied 30min a day during the term with no exam... i'd be suprised if anyone studies at all during the term... and for exams he said he studied till he slept... thats just the most anyone can do. i'll be angry if i did that much study and ended up with a uai of less than 99.50. :p

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
okay...i think maybewe've all got different ideas of what 'study' is

good question j0n i forgot to think about whether keypad was just talking about maths or everything...because i assumed everything

i'm seriously not tryign to offend keypad, i think he definately earne dhis marks and ofcourse he studied a lot during his exams, he is lucky crammign works for him :)

but anyway i do more than 30 minutes a night for sure...but when we say 'study' during term im talkign about homework, plus hand in assessments plus summaries

abdooooo!!!

Banned

but anyway i do more than 30 minutes a night for sure...but when we say 'study' during term im talkign about homework, plus hand in assessments plus summaries
ok that is just not studying... if you get a better mark in the exams due to homeworks thats just purely coincidental. who the hell does homeworks anyway...

if you seriously can put in a solid 30min a day of "studying" during all times of the year a uai of 99.50+ is a must, unless you totally get screwed on the exam day. :p

but why would the guy study only "math" till he slept for say a english exam thats on next week... hahaha. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)