maths tutoring advice (1 Viewer)

arcadian

HSC
(serious responses please) hey all! I was wondering if 1.3k per term would be worth it for 4hr group maths tutoring (adv + ext)? I'm topping my class rn. (100% in adv, 93% in ext, in yr 10 I was avg 75-80%) Truth be told I genuinely struggle to understand most topics when they are taught in school -- my learning style in maths is understanding the very basic, fundamental quirks of a topic and all its variations without the wiffle waffle (my tutor is very good with this), and w/ some practice I'm set. I've only started tutoring this year, and from my understanding from hearsay other centres seem to blitz ahead, which doesn't suit my learning needs... but I also don't want to burn a big fat hole in my parents' pockets 😭 also what price ranges are considered cheap, alright and expensive for maths tutoring? thank you!!

asduiashdi

HSC
thats a decent price i think, usually in yr11 maths is ~600-900/term while in y12 it jumps quite a bit to over 1k/term (all group tutoring). but thats for extension 1 which include advanced too.

I think your price is good since its 4hr long lessons and hopefully the resources you get are also good. if you think your tutor is good then id say its worth sticking with them. 4hr long lessons do seem really long to me but i guess they work for you.

For comparison drdu is renowned for their (high) prices, so here are the links to their pricing booklets.
Year-11-Term-3-Timetable.pdf (drdueducation.com.au)
Year-12-Term-3-Timetable.pdf (drdueducation.com.au)

The cheapest ones ive heard of is kurt which is ~600/term while still being decent (though a bit abusive)

as long as you dont do 3u + 4u at drdu (though william du is goated) which is a solid 3.5k/term, it should be okay

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Bruh ngo is like 550 per term
3+4 unit is 1k I think cuz of multiple subject discounts
And the teachers are very good so basically ur set and don’t have to pay 3.5k each term

arcadian

HSC
Nah idg matrix lol its so predatory 💀
I have considered ngo and sons but based on what I've heard I doubt I could keep up with the pace given my learning needs - why use money on something that may cause more harm than good?
@asduiashdi thanks!

kkk579

hello
HSC
Nah idg matrix lol its so predatory 💀
I have considered ngo and sons but based on what I've heard I doubt I could keep up with the pace given my learning needs - why use money on something that may cause more harm than good?
@asduiashdi thanks!
a lot of tutoring places go at faster pace rip
but ngo offers diff levels so u can go to the one that fits u best. there might even be a focus class for ur school there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)