• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths Tutor Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

ricee

HSC
N/A
hello i am looking for a good tutor in mathematics (i'm in grade 9)
I live in strathfield.

It would be a greatly appreciated if anyone has any tutor recommendations
that they would be kind enough to post here.

thank you

aussiechica7

HSC
get a 1st yr uni student who is willing to travel to your house.

they know their stuff and won't rip u off. they'll help u with your actual school work too, not give you extra school work.

ricee

HSC
N/A
Is Matrix any good?

What should I look for in uni student tutors? Like requirements etc.

thank you

lilster

nearly there
HSC
im do maths tutor at discovery college. they seem to be helping me. so it mite help u toos. the effect culd vary from person to person.

aussiechica7

HSC
ask for a trial session.
look at their grades.
grades = whether they know stuff.
trial session should tell u whether they can teach it or not

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
There are some tutors that are good at teaching Year 9 and 10 Maths only, but suck at all other years. There are also some tutors that are good at teaching Preliminary and HSC Maths only, but suck at all other years. So be careful in what you're after...
I went to Sefton tutor (at Sefton obviously) in Year 9 and 10. It was really good once you get past the accent of the teacher, but apprently people say it sucks at Year 11 and Year 12 in terms of raising the standards, so I left after Year 10. But since you live in Strathfield, Sefton might be a tad far for you. So the only other tutor I can think of in your location, that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, is Pre-Uni New College in Strathfield...LOL:D

ianna

HSC
why dont u check out online tutions ....there r some of them on d scene n they r doing quite a descent

job..I'm taking my maths classes from ETUTELAGE ONLINE TUTION [http://www.etutelage.com]]

and really find it helpful ....u can try its free trial sessions ....there r some other online tutions also ....u can check out them as well ....thats too in a very affordable price ...almost half of wht we give for face to face tutions ....acc. to me that is a cool option however u can check out urself.........

Last edited:

blackrifice

HSC
Id firstly reccomend Alpha Omega. They've got a maths teacher called Steve, whose absolutely genius and a top bloke as well. He'll help you out with everything and since you live in Strathfield, theyve got a branch in Burwood, Auburn, Bankstown and a few other places.

I pay $75 for both 3u and 4u maths which is like 2 hours each.

I'd say Matrix comes second to Alpha but its still good and Prior is just a rip off.

A

apex.edu

call Apex Education Group Director Allan on 0402944656 or email us at apex.edu.group@gmail.com

Maths tutoring is available in small groups or private one on one! Consult with us about your options.

Tutoring is based at Homebush/Homebush West.

Hoping to hear from you soon!

Kind Regards,
Allan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)