• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths Q10 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Practice Q10s from previous HSC questions, as well as Q9s + 10s from trial papers.

If you want to tackle question 10, cherry pick the easy 1 or 2 markers.

xMorrow

HSC
I probably won't even attempt Q9 and 10 unless I can see something that looks doable haha. Oh well I only need a band 5.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Be smart.
That's really the only advice I have. Some people can do q9-10 and some can't.
Also, better advice is to do all the other questions fast and have an hour left to do questions 9 and 10.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Be smart.
That's really the only advice I have. Some people can do q9-10 and some can't.
Also, better advice is to do all the other questions fast and have an hour left to do questions 9 and 10.
This.

Also remember that just because it is Question 9/10, it doesn't mean it's impossible. There should be a couple of easy marks that you might be able to pick up and just because you can't do part i) or ii), doesn't mean you can't do the others.

Sammydubbs

HSC
Basically question 10 is usually a financial question ie. Repayments or a superannuation question so brush up on them they're usually worth about 5 or so marks, so just brush up on that.

HSC
Basically question 10 is usually a financial question ie. Repayments or a superannuation question so brush up on them they're usually worth about 5 or so marks, so just brush up on that.
Its basically either going to be harder geometry with max/min, finance, or really hard max min! There are lots of little tid bits put in these q10s so you really have to jog your memory! E.g. when they have a circle with a radius and you've got tans somewhere in there...tan(angle of inc) = gradient!! etc.

2010: max/min with interpretations
2009: quite easy (compared to others) diff/integ with graphing. It was all interrelated so you should have got q10 all out
2008: integrating logs and similar triangle proof with max/min of geometry
2007: motion interpretations and max/min
2006: max/min with geometry
2005: inequalities/prob
2004: max min with trig
2003: finance with crazy max min
2002: max min
2001: finance with maxmin of trig

Those are all the recent papers. From the trend it looks like max/min is VERY likely with a smattering of other topics that are intermingled, esp geometry. Finance is either late q9 or early q10. If they have q10 probability I'm fucked.

Good luck on monday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)