Maths marks? (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
OutOfOrder said:
Whats better? top marks in general math or average marks in 2 unit?

what did you guys get in your last test?
Maths would scale you up, general would scale you down (depending on your marks). I'd stick with maths if your average. If you're going terribly bad, drop to general.

BTW, I'm sure it's possible to get in the 90s for general maths. You can't tell me that the person who came first in general would have only received a mark in the 80s.

Trev

stix
HSC
Tennille said:
Maths would scale you up, general would scale you down (depending on your marks). I'd stick with maths if your average. If you're going terribly bad, drop to general.

BTW, I'm sure it's possible to get in the 90s for general maths. You can't tell me that the person who came first in general would have only received a mark in the 80s.
He means your moderated/scaled mark or whatever it is called. Plenty of people seem to get band 6's in general maths.

PC

HSC
N/A
Are you serious? General Maths is the hardest subject to get band 6 in ... something like only 3% of the candidature!

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
i got 96% in my last test (1st in class/year). Wat did everyone else get?

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Hm.. I'm still a little confused. All of my teachers have assured me that if I stay ranked 1st in the school for general that I should be fine. I'm ahead by quite a bit, my assessment marks have be 98%, 100% and 97%, and for the most recent exam, the next highest mark in the grade was 90%... Will this mean Icould possibly get a good mark (Band 6) for the HSC in General Maths?

PC

HSC
N/A
It's looking pretty good ... but don't start crusing. Keep working hard.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
Danni07 said:
Hm.. I'm still a little confused. All of my teachers have assured me that if I stay ranked 1st in the school for general that I should be fine. I'm ahead by quite a bit, my assessment marks have be 98%, 100% and 97%, and for the most recent exam, the next highest mark in the grade was 90%... Will this mean Icould possibly get a good mark (Band 6) for the HSC in General Maths?
I don't think you have much to worry about. With assessment marks consistently in band 6 you are heading for a very good mark in General Mathematics :)

Just try your hardest and keep doing well and I bet you will do incredibly well.

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
i failed miserably with 15%
i have no idea how. i walked out of the exam room happy thinking for once i might have passed!!!
then about a week later i noticed my calculator was broken. when i hit a 8 a 3 came up and vice versa. same as other buttons! no idea how!
my teacher wouldnt let me resit it either

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Ah ok that's good news, all these rumors about not being able to get a mark over the high 80s was starting to freak me out.

PC

HSC
N/A
Pig_93, you've come to the right place!

Let the friendly people at BOS help you with your annuity problems!

:)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
sNiPeR_24 said:
I don't think you have much to worry about. With assessment marks consistently in band 6 you are heading for a very good mark in General Mathematics :)

Just try your hardest and keep doing well and I bet you will do incredibly well.
i'm pretty sure i had crapper marks than you for my assessments and i got 94 for gen maths in the hsc..i'm pretty sure you're set! lol..but yeh, like PC said, don't slow down now

HSC
i did mathematics for almost 2 terms, I was getting between high 70s and mid 80s but with like ~2 hours study a day and it was taxing my other subjects hard, when i dropped down to general I improved in a few subjets and reduced my workload heaps, biggest mistake ever I know but I'm averaging at least 85% so its not that bad

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i was ranked 16th in my school in general mathematics and i ended up getting 89.. im sure most of those people ranked above me got a band 6
my test mark was 92 but my assessment mark was 87.. i really regret not really trying throughout the year, i never did my homework (so i didnt do too well in some of my assessments) and basically had to re-teach myself the whole course in the break before the hsc, which is why i think i did so well in the exam because i did so many practice papers. i think because i went to a good school and everyone else did so well probably brought me up haha.. i guess they set us high standards (cuz my raw assessment mark was like 79.. which went up to 87 as my hsc assessment mark)
lesson: DO YOUR HOMEWORK! which will lead to you doing well in assessments and having to do less work before the hsc.

HSC
cro_angel speaks the truth

i do every bit of homework launched at me, even if teacher says "do alternate" i do them all
so when it comes to exams you know what i do? i do an overview section, answer all of it right and htats it

i dont even have to study because ive done so many damn questions on it

em_516

bludging..
HSC
agreed..my friend had a lot of trouble in year 11 with general maths because she never did her homework and she'd get reasonably crap assessment marks..i had been doing MOST of my homework that year and i had better marks so for year 12 we decided we'd both do ALL of our homework..her marks were SOOOOO much better than in year 11..so yes, doing homework DOES pay off

OutOfOrder

HSC
My past test marks for this year were 88%, 98% for half-yearly's, and 95%.
I dropped down from 2 unit last year, not sure if it was a good idea?
my school is really crap when it comes to tests though, i think they dumb it down. Coz i've seen other schools tests and they're heaps harder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)