Maths in Focus - Margaret Grove (1 Viewer)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
We did for Prelim (3 unit). Then we realised that it wasn't actually the best one we had, and switched to Fitzpatrick to finish the 2 unit and 3 unit courses. They're OK theory-wise, but the questions aren't too taxing - that's where Fitpatrick has it beat.

To answer your question in the other thread, Scone Grammar, and currently five students for 2-unit (down from about 11 last year) and four students for 3 unit.

I_F

Last edited:

punk_tartan

HSC
tommy___ said:
Hey, who here uses the Maths in Focus book by Margaret Grove?
hey our school uses maths in focus and its crap, for bth prelin and hsc 2u and 3 unit. the year below us they bought them cambriges new one :s
the suffice to say that the book is disorganised and pointless, more than half the course we have photcopied from cambridge

conman

HSC
Yeah, we currently using the text book for maths extension Preliminary course. But I refer to use Cambridge text book, much more challenge and craps as well

carpediem

HSC
yeh i use it, POS the questions don't challenge me enough still people in the class have a cry bout the questions... so i went and borrowed my cousin's cambridge to work off... stupid school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)