Maths hw and practice papers (1 Viewer)

nb2594

HSC
N/A
When you do your mathssss questions do you check the answers straight after to see if you've got them right or do you check the answers after you have finished an excersice? What's better especially when studying for Hsc?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I check after I do a question so I know I'm actually doing it right before I waste time on getting a whole exercise wrong...but as to which is better, I haven't a clue.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you are as lazy as me, check after each section.

Why?

Because after you do the exercise, you have around 30 questions or more to check and tend to get lazy to check them. So if you do it by sections you are more compelled to check your answers.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
When you do your mathssss questions do you check the answers straight after to see if you've got them right or do you check the answers after you have finished an excersice? What's better especially when studying for Hsc?
I did a whole exercise, then I checked the solutions once I was done. There are a few reasons why this is advantageous:

1. It teaches you to be confident with your answer, rather than being unsure after every question. Confidence in an exam is vital. For most people in an exam, once they get stuck on a question, they will obsess over it etc. Game over.

2. Suppose you did something wrong and as a result, the whole exercise was wrong. Fix your mistakes, and do it again. This will seriously help you get more accurate whilst also making sure that you don't forget (you're sorta 'punishing' yourself)

3. Dat feeling when you do a whole exercise and get zero mistakes.

Mind you, this requires discipline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)