Maths Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

Audranda

HSC
What would be the general necessity, in your opinion, in order to pursue Maths Ext. 2?

(e.g. particular % in a maths exam)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
There's no real particular percentage really because you really can pick up your game after entering the course.

It's also quite difficult to allocate a fixed % in a Maths exam because the difficulty of them tends to vary.

However, if I HAD to give some numbers, they would be around (with respect to actual HSC standard):

2U: Above 80%.

3U: Above 70%.

I've seen and taught people entering Year 12 with those marks (roughly) and then acquiring E4 in Extension 2. There are exceptions of course, such as students doing poorly in Year 11 and then suddenly doing well in Year 12, but the numbers above would be what I consider somewhat ideal.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyways what do you guys think about this? what approximate mark you think this can get for ext 2 and 1?
2 U:88
3U: 85
Note: these are not mine( mine are a bit higher but I am just keeping it low just to see). I am just trying to get an estimate.

There's no real particular percentage really because you really can pick up your game after entering the course.

It's also quite difficult to allocate a fixed % in a Maths exam because the difficulty of them tends to vary.

However, if I HAD to give some numbers, they would be around (with respect to actual HSC standard):

2U: Above 80%.

3U: Above 70%.

I've seen and taught people entering Year 12 with those marks (roughly) and then acquiring E4 in Extension 2. There are exceptions of course, such as students doing poorly in Year 11 and then suddenly doing well in Year 12, but the numbers above would be what I consider somewhat ideal.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Anyways what do you guys think about this? what approximate mark you think this can get for ext 2 and 1?
2 U:88
3U: 85
Note: these are not mine( mine are a bit higher but I am just keeping it low just to see). I am just trying to get an estimate.
Low 90's to high 80's around.

oskarwithak

HSC
I think you should do it by your school's usual Ext. 2 cohort. If you fit in there (or are close and passionate about 4U), then you have what it takes.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Depends how well your cohort does. My school only takes the top 72 for ext 2, so I'm hoping I am part of that group! My marks are on average 90-92% (2U) and 88% (3U) (stuffed up term 1 :( )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)