Maths Extension 2 Thoughts and Feelings (1 Viewer)

d1zzyohs

HSC
I felt as though that was way harder than 2020 and 2021. Multiple choice was pretty difficult, and from question 14 onwards many of the questions felt very abstract.

aim for 95+

HSC
around 60, just trying to get few marks from every stuiped questions except Q16

d1zzyohs

HSC
all i'm saying is all my homies hate NESA.
A few details on the exam:
1. NESA decided to write a whole essay about a lift system. Noone cares. Thanks for confusing everyone with your spiel.
2. Question 16 was largely undirected besides the mechanics question. Literally stupid. 2021 and 2020 were far easier.
3. Multiple choice was pretty ridiculous.
4. Q11,12,13 were smooth sailing (for me at least). 14 had an interesting vector identity which i couldn't apply.

idkkdi

HSC
all i'm saying is all my homies hate NESA.
A few details on the exam:
1. NESA decided to write a whole essay about a lift system. Noone cares. Thanks for confusing everyone with your spiel.
2. Question 16 was largely undirected besides the mechanics question. Literally stupid. 2021 and 2020 were far easier.
3. Multiple choice was pretty ridiculous.
4. Q11,12,13 were smooth sailing (for me at least). 14 had an interesting vector identity which i couldn't apply.
at least with a hard exam, you can accept that you weren't able to solve the q rather than be in denial of the silly errors you would make on an easy exam :)

dbramley

HSC
Let’s be honest Mx2 is not meant to be ‘easy’, a hard exam is therefore just a good test of the content. Plus everything’s relative half the trouble is time pressure, plenty of 2020/2021 people would have said the exact same thing after their exams too.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Mc and q16 were hard, q15 slowed me down but other than that rest of questions were pre decent. Pre difficult paper

Grinder

HSC
Hsc 2021 had more “straight forward” questions I did mess up a few easy ones.

Siwel

HSC
how would u compare it to nsb/ruse trials? still trying to get a gauge of level here.

i thought 2021 hsc wasnt as easy as what seems to be said here lol
The thing is by the time you try a past hsc paper like 2021 youve heard or seen the "difficult" questions and you have more time to process it so then those questions arent very hard anymore and obviously time pressure in the hsc is a thing

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
how would u compare it to nsb/ruse trials?
Don't remember NSB papers since i did them long back but I would say comparatively HSC was more harder since its not as memorable

MC is def harder than ruse trials imo idk wtf some questions like theres this one question about Set 1 and Set 2 and they represent something like S1 is a dot product between some vectors and Set 2 is that 2 vectors were equal magnitude to some arbritary point N and then they somehow intersect and we had to find the radius??? bruh wtf ?? There was stupid shit like that. But half of MC was fine.

I found ruse q16 way more easier than this q16. it was really abstract and it was like go do whatever heres the question than like some hints.

If you want a gist of it:

MC, Q16 were really hard relative to most trial papers
Q11 was legit 2021 level
Q12-13was on the level of those trials and maybe slightly easier?
Q14-15 was harder than most trial Q15s and designed to reduce time for Q16. Its purposely distracting with content overload (legit 1 fucking page for a mechanics question bruh wtf) so yea it was contributing to Q16s difficulty, but it wasnt too bad lol

Vipul_K

HSC
Bro I am hoping to get in mid 50s. I literally did many trial papers and averaged at 80 raw. I am very sure that this year was way harder than the past two and many trial papers. It was definitely harder than James ruse 2022 paper as well.

pogchampion

HSC
q16 was difficult, except for the amgm question. Questions up to and including 15 were harder than usual, but they were generally ok if we’re talking about them holistically. Lots of mechanics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)