• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths Extension 2 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Sam14113

HSC
Question

Is there a correlation between 2u/4u/3u difficult of papers? As in 2022 hard for all, 2020 easy for all etc.
Look I'm not entirely sure but pretty confident that 4U and 3U papers are written by the same people, and all of the 2U papers are written by the same people, but those two groups are distinct. i.e today's 4U may hint at the level of 3U, but 2U probably won't tell us anything.

Not that it matters

synthesisFR

HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 10.04.02 am.png
hey guys im just a bit confused for this one question
the question is resistance to square of velocity but i dont understand how they break it down??
And when they break it down the question basically becomes a resistance proportional to velocity question? like i dont understand why and how they get rid of the square in the question then turn it into just resistance proportional to velocity.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
View attachment 40591
the question is resistance to square of velocity but i dont understand how they break it down??
And when they break it down the question basically becomes a resistance proportional to velocity question? like i dont understand why and how they get rid of the square in the question then turn it into just resistance proportional to velocity.
bruh, not me picking A

Hudz777

HSC
View attachment 40591
because the vector for velocity is next to it, so it makes it kv^2

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
View attachment 40591
you really need to look at the magnitude of the resistance vector in option D, and when u find its magnitude u get resistance = kv^3, and so u can immediately rule that out.Obviously not A and D as we are adding the resistive force which makes no sense at all.

I thought the question was asking resistance is proportional to v so I did B only to realise when I was marking that it said v^2 so spent an hour trying to understand why the hell it isnt D lol

shywa

HSC
Any thoughts on which topic they'll give the brutal questions on?
Vector and complex proofs have been pretty popular among the trial papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)