MATHS EX1 help! (1 Viewer)

kcqn93

HSC
ok.. i just completed the entry exam and didnt go really well so my teacher told me that if i fill out the application form correctly and answer the question:

In your own words, write about why you wish to undertake this course.

He said this response might get me into the course even if I got low marks overall.

Could you guys please give me some ideas of what to write? I desperately want to get into 3U maths.

Thanks in advance...

Just.Snaz

HSC
Lol what an unbelievably pathetic system. Low marks but the way you write a response might get you in? All hail the disgusting power of English.

I suppose you could write about how you're really determined to improve your marks, motivated to succeed, really enjoy Ext 1, all that kind of shit...

Can't get over how pathetic that is.. please be a troll..

kcqn93

HSC
I'm not sure, we get the marks back tomorrow, but I got a feeling that I didn't do well.

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
If you scrape a pass, you'll definately make it in.

If you don't, write about how you are determined to improve your marks, and that that you have a passion for maths. Show some of your outstanding test results if you have any. Also get your teacher to explain how hard working you are etc. A girl didn't make it in last year by 1-2 marks but my teacher said that she was hard working and she made it in.

If you don't make it in, there's a backdoor. If in the school certificate, you get a band 5, you'll make it in. My friend wanted to get in this way but didn't make it in.

Anyways, good luck. Maybe we'll get to play bridge together next year :p

kcqn93

HSC
are you in Mr Babuto's class? the one playing cards today where all the year 10s were outside of?

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
kcqn93 said:
are you in Mr Babuto's class? the one playing cards today where all the year 10s were outside of?
Yeah, im in his class.

And yeah, i was playing cards inside the class aswell. Didn't realise you guys were there until a person said "are they the people doing 3 unit this year?" or something like that lol.

kcqn93

HSC
that just so happened to be me lol... like if that's what you do in 3U maths, I REALLY WANT TO GET IT! lol

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
kcqn93 said:
that just so happened to be me lol... like if that's what you do in 3U maths, I REALLY WANT TO GET IT! lol
LOL

lol, yeah, you'll start bridge mid term 2, but that's if you get into Mr Barbuto's class. The other teachers won't teach it.

lol, put "I wanna play bridge" as the only reason why you want to do 3U ;P

kcqn93

HSC
lol i got all this stuff down on a scrap piece of paper just gotta like work out sentences lol

kcqn93

HSC
OMG ! DR ZOIDBERG HELP ME!! lol... just wanted to say that..

anyway i got my results back and it turns out that i just passed!

15/25

and rank 25th

you think i'll still make it?

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
Pretty much all the people who passed in my year made it in (passing mark was 13/25 i think). As long as you answered the question properly on the form, I am confident that you'll make it in.

Good luck. :D

Btw, how many people applied for 3U?

Last edited:

kcqn93

HSC
50-60 people did the test

im planning answer it something along the lines of:

Although my current marks aren't the best marks in the world. I would still wish take on this course.
I am determined and self-motivated to improve my marks and will do anything it takes to do so.
To overcome more mathematical challenges and developing a higher understand of maths is what I really want to achieve in my high school career.
Maths is extremely important to me and I know this course will not be easy but I will work hard to improve and achieve. Finally Extension 1 Maths is a prerequisites course for my career path and that is why I am choosing this course.

Last edited:

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
kcqn93 said:
50-60 people did the test

im planning answer it some along the lines of:

Although my current marks aren't the best marks in the world. I would still wish take on this course.
I am determined and self-motivated to improve my marks and will do anything it takes to do so.
To overcome more mathematical challenges and developing a higher understand of maths is what I really want to achieve in my high school career.
Maths is extremely important to me and I know this course will not be easy but I will work hard to improve and achieve. Finally Extension 1 Maths is a prerequisites course for my career path and that is why I am choosing this course.
Seriously, that's way better than what i wrote last year (though i did get a higher score). I'm pretty sure that you'll make it in.

Maybe leech some more ideas off friends just to be safe :D

kcqn93

HSC
lol thanks for the advice...

anyway who are you anyway? been talking to you ever since i heard about the test

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)