Maths advice (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
erm...not really a mathematical question as such, but still very much on the topic.
I am extremely bad at 3u Maths and have not be going well since Year 11, but my mum has always pressured me into doing it because she thinks I'm good at it.
Anywhos, my tutor told me the other day that I shouldn't bother studying for extension and focus on my 2 unit paper. I know it sounds mean, but he was only telling me his honest opinion, and it was what I really needed to hear.
But, what I want to know from everyone is, how low would your marks have to be for you to drop the subject (if you were as dumb as me)?
I'm getting below 50% for many (actually, for the majority) of my 3u tasks, and I am serioulsy thinking about dropping. However, I have done a full two years work on it, and what if I fail soooooo much worse in another exam that I may have to rely upon my 40% in this subject? Does that make sense?
Please help me...

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
hehe.. chillax

I'm sure you're not stupid... just study some more, concentrate on the basics (2unit) and then your understanding of 3u will improve too.

The course is pretty integrated anyway

Drop 3u if you're doing really bad after the trials, well that's if you have other good subjects. But remember that a good HSC result will obviously help since the HSC is half your entire assessment! So it wouldn't be too bad if you keep 3u anyway, it'll always help with your 2u as many similar concepts are explored.

oh and good luck :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
See your marks after you do the trial HSC exam, and go from there. Focus on 2 unit maths for now, and do a bit of work for extension 1 maths as well. After the trials, and you get your results back, then you can make a better judgement on whether you should drop it or not. And good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)