Maths 3u scale up (UAI) (1 Viewer)

geez85

hey just want 2 no wat mark for 3u maths would really help ur UAI get boosted up?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Anything above an aligned mark of (approximately) 65 will give you an above-average scaled mark.

geez85

so like a mark of like 80 in 3u (not includin other subj) would make u smile big time?

CypriotStallion

what exactly is an above average scaled mark? like to get 85 in 3u maths what raw mark would u need out of 84?
and the same for like physics and advanced english???
thanks?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The average scaled mark is 50%.

No-one knows anything about raw marks.

Rand

What mark would we need in order to show up as 95 or morre on the HSC achievement award? ie. aligned mark = 95 ??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Rand
What mark would we need in order to show up as 95 or morre on the HSC achievement award? ie. aligned mark = 95 ??
Originally posted by Lazarus
No-one knows anything about raw marks.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
like rt now my overall school mark in 3u maths is 90%......is dat gud enough?????

Rahul

Dead Member
minai and laz, but there are rough estimates for say 90+ scaled mark. like for 3u maths, it is around 75%+ or for 4u it is around 60%+.

can similar sort of estimates be made for other subjects[physics, sor2]?
Originally posted by sweetangel
Is there a point doing 3u if i like get 35% in the exam????

Will it help my 2u mark??
well it depends on a couple of things. firstly do you have 11 or more units? coz if you dont, you have to keep 3u :p. secondly, you need consider your performance in other subjects. i mean if with a decent amount of work, you may be able to get a higher percentile for 3u maths, but like i said, it would depend on your performance in other subjects.

3u will not directly affect your 2u mark. but, you may benefit from deeper understanding of a certain concept and through doing 3u maths you will develop your skills in maths.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
minai and laz, but there are rough estimates for say 90+ scaled mark. like for 3u maths, it is around 75%+ or for 4u it is around 60%+.
can similar sort of estimates be made for other subjects[physics, sor2]?
Those "rough estimates" are really just complete guesses. And it's much harder to guess raw marks for other subjects than it is for maths.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Lazarus
Those "rough estimates" are really just complete guesses. And it's much harder to guess raw marks for other subjects than it is for maths.
ok i see. english would be near impossible.

did you mention once that the raw marks were released in the past? or was it something else

geez85

So what if i got say 30%, how good/bad would it b on the UAI regardless of the other subj? can it scale u down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)