Maths 1A? (1 Viewer)

bapcheetos

HSC
Hi,

Im completing a bachelor of science and im in my first year and have to complete a compulsory unit of maths. I dont think im capable of doing Maths 1A because its equivalent to 4 unit in high school which i didnt do, i only did 2 unit so i want to do the next maths unit which is equivalent to maths 2 unit in high school. However, next year i want to transfer into an advanced course and the requirement for 1st year adv students is maths 1A. Im just worried that i wont be able to transfer because i havent completed the maths 1A unit. Will i be able to?

thanks

Roscosmos

HSC
I passed Maths 1A at UNSW with only doing 2u (and getting a band 4!) and no bridging course or self teaching 4u content or anything. It really wasn't too hard...

aaron_syd

HSC
I was on the lower end of the 3u spectrum and I got 72 for math1131 with VERY minimal work. imo you should do maths 1A, just make sure you do your hw every week, ask questions if you don't understand etc. I know I didn't and I regret it now, because I didn't reach my full potential.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
i didnt do the questions in the course pack at all and i got 83 (DN) in maths1A
(but i did 4u maths tho)
and my friend did only 2u, he also passed this course as well (51)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)