Mathematics Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

epicmaths

HSC
N/A
(copy paste) boredofstudies.org/threads/teacher-pov-2023-hsc-extension-1-solution-speedrun-send-help.405894/

Post #12 for Mok's solution

I have a 0 link limit so can't link D:

carrotsss

HSC
(copy paste) boredofstudies.org/threads/teacher-pov-2023-hsc-extension-1-solution-speedrun-send-help.405894/

Post #12 for Mok's solution

I have a 0 link limit so can't link D:

clickable link

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
What would ATAR contrib difference of 45-50 be (hsc mark)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Like 50 hsc mark would be 99.95 atar contribution what would 45 be. Or 47. I fucked that exam lmao a mix of exam pressure and the exam hitting on my weaker areas and missing my stronger areas but thats my fault for not strengthening ig. Was hoping for at least 65 raw lmao funny looking back at how bad I did.

Honestly i feel extremely demoralised for remaining exams that test has ruined my mentality ffs

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Like 50 hsc mark would be 99.95 atar contribution what would 45 be. Or 47. I fucked that exam lmao a mix of exam pressure and the exam hitting on my weaker areas and missing my stronger areas but thats my fault for not strengthening ig. Was hoping for at least 65 raw lmao funny looking back at how bad I did.

Honestly i feel extremely demoralised for remaining exams that test has ruined my mentality ffs
45 is usually 98.8-99 atar contribution, however last year it was around 99.4 as the alignment wasn't 'correct' as such.
i was hoping for similar to you also and i also failed, i feel you
mines also worth 2 units cause i also traded my 98 in adv for 3u and 4u and i failed both

HSC
Just to let you know.. a 96 vs a 92 in extension 1 maths is a rather minimal difference to your ATAR.
The atar contribution (effectively, what your atar would be if extension 1 maths was your only subject), in 2021, was 99.9 for 96, and 99.3 for 92.
Effectively the upshot of this is that extension maths is going to ahve a much lower impact on your atar than you might expect.
but the thing is, with a 96 i am over the required atar for my course, but a 92 is not. Overall its -0.15 atar for me using the uac calculator, which might not seem a lot, but it is a lot for the mid 99 atars.

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
45 is usually 98.8-99 atar contribution, however last year it was around 99.4 as the alignment wasn't 'correct' as such.
i was hoping for similar to you also and i also failed, i feel you
mines also worth 2 units cause i also traded my 98 in adv for 3u and 4u and i failed both
Well that test was definitely harder than last year (maybe biased but I got 66/70 under timed conditions on 2022 and way worse on 2023) so hopefully my atar contribution will still be -->99.95. Guess we'll see, now to grind for bio chem and sor and hopefully not fuck up again under pressure.

I nearly cracked under the pressure of english as well tbh its hard to get your mind out of that phase of thinking about how this exam will dictate your entire future to an extent, and once youre out of the zone you can't hone back in fast enoguh and ur pretty much fked but at least in english I was able to clutch up

HSC
but the thing is, with a 96 i am over the required atar for my course, but a 92 is not. Overall its -0.15 atar for me using the uac calculator, which might not seem a lot, but it is a lot for the mid 99 atars.
ah ok mb. I assumed you were not going for one of the few courses that does require a 99+ atar

Sam14113

HSC
I just looked through the paper and I still think 2022 was more difficult. Probs just recency bias for the majority. Also sitting an exam live heightens the sense of difficulty felt for each question
Idk everyone’s going to say something different. Every day it seems like I feel differently on it.

I think it’s undeniable multiple choice was harder last year, but Q11,12 do seem to be harder this year. Q13 I thought was really easy this year and Q14 I’m unsure about - 2022 was way longer (in terms of working required) and probably a little less ‘typical’ in style, but I think the 2022 differential equation was much easier than anything this year (unless you’d done 2021 as preparation, in which case 2023 14 (a) should have been a piece of cake). So yeah I’m not sure

I do agree though that the overwhelming sounds of ‘2022 was easy 2023 was much harder’ are more to do with the fact that 2023 students sat 2023 paper under test conditions, and there’s probably no doubt that the 2022 paper influenced the way that students were taught in 2023. For instance last year my teacher said to us something along the lines of “In the old syllabus, they used to ask quite difficult projectile motion questions but from the current wording of the syllabus and first 2 exam papers, it doesn’t really seem like they can do that anymore.” and guess what we got for the last question (yes it was a projectile motion question way more difficult than those old syllabus ones and for like half the marks, you’ve seen the paper). So it’s tough to compare

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
I've had time to reflect on this exam and whilst I felt like I had bombed it and the world was ending coming out i didn't do that bad

Honestly the pressure I put on myself all year to get 65/70 raw backfired because once I got stuck on one question, it had a massive mental flow on affect to the rest

Really annoyed at myself. Hopefully 50 raw at worst but closer to 55 raw. Good mark no doubt but so so frustrating when it feels like you did a million papers and all of them were at worst 60/70+

Such is life I guess, can only hope I band 6 at this point ffs and learn from mistakes to not repeat this in the future

Biggest mistake was redoing the paper at home with a calm mind and getting a way higher mark lmao don't recommed doing that if you did bad on a paper just let it live in the past

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I've had time to reflect on this exam and whilst I felt like I had bombed it and the world was ending coming out i didn't do that bad

Honestly the pressure I put on myself all year to get 65/70 raw backfired because once I got stuck on one question, it had a massive mental flow on affect to the rest

Really annoyed at myself. Hopefully 50 raw at worst but closer to 55 raw. Good mark no doubt but so so frustrating when it feels like you did a million papers and all of them were at worst 60/70+

Such is life I guess, can only hope I band 6 at this point ffs and learn from mistakes to not repeat this in the future

Biggest mistake was redoing the paper at home with a calm mind and getting a way higher mark lmao don't recommed doing that if you did bad on a paper just let it live in the past
nothing you can do now and im sure youll be fine
i thought i bombed my test last year and I got a 47/50 for my examination mark
not that that's the best mark ever but it's still good and you'll get the mark you deserve in the end <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)