Mathematics Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (3 Viewers)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
What is predicted cut off for 95 exam mark?

Hudz777

HSC
wait… should I know what a CDF and PDF is? i do 4u so i haven’t even looked at them

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
wait… should I know what a CDF and PDF is? i do 4u so i haven’t even looked at them
Yea PDF is the format where you get the cambridge textbooks illegally and CDF is Channel Definition Format which was a XML file format as well but it was removed since 2006.

So great to see enthusiasm in Computer Science! I see a lot of future Comp. Sci students 😊 More profits for UNSW

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
is 2u content assessable in 3u? like series and sequences, loans, trapezoidal rule etc
yes and no? remember these are "EXTENSION" courses so they can be considered additions to the base "advanced math", if they want to, they can theoretically throw finance in MX2 under the "proofs topic" but highly unlikely. Generally, most of the content unique to MX1/2 is in the paper and the general rule is that as long as the question has some link to a syllabus point, its fair game, e.g volumes q in hsc 2021 -> link to MX2 integration techniques.

i wouldnt necessarily say all of 2u is gonna be in 3u but i wouldnt be surprised to see 2u content with extra layers in 3u. Honestly just revise 2u off notes and ull be fine, as long as u get the jist of it. The main part is ur 3u content.

correct me if im wrong, this was my thought process/experience in the hsc im abt to finish 1st year uni

Interdice

HSC
I doubt there is any correlation between the contents of previous year exam and the contents of the current year exam. I imagine they just test topics on whatever they feel like. It's kind of like doing a multiple choice and thinking "Haven't chosen D in a while".

For difficulty you might be able to predict. Because if the mark to get a band 6 is like 40 percent, they will need to make an easier exam, as a good exam differentiates the students. But 65 percent band 6 might just mean that difficulty would be similar.

my opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)