Mathematics Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
have you guys done the cricket question from the 2020 hsc? i heard everyone hated it that year and i see why as it is 5 marks unguided and confusing where to start. but for me the solution does make sense which is good, at first it was so bad tho
that question was actually really nice... or maybe i just really love stats...

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Official Predictions
  • Horrible & Disgusting Bearings Question: It will have a diagram that makes absolutely zero sense 🤩
  • Identities Question (Prove): This will be real nice, real nice, unless they decide to pull random identities from the depths of Hell
  • Solving For Angles (Radians): They'll find a way to make this unbearable...
  • Section On Differentiation: This is always pretty nice... I doubt that there'll be one on first principles but you never know...
  • Integration: There's always going to be the area questions I fail, and there will be an annoying HENCE SHOW THAT question that I will fail 😌 OH! and there will definitely be some sort of Trapezoidal Rule question!!!
  • Optimisation: It's not a HSC without an optimisation question, so I'm just hoping it's nice and doesn't involve anything too complicated...
  • Graphing: I bet there will be a transformations question AND/OR a question involving f(g(x)) or g(f(x)) AND a graphing question involving finding the stationary points, but hopefully they give an easy function
  • Probability and Discrete: Please be nice... but it will most likely be evil...
  • Bivariate: Hoping it's a regression line or something like that, not that crickets question or interpreting a graph which is worth 4 marks 💀
  • Continuous Random Variables: Hoping it's an easy PDF, don't really wanna find the CDF though...
  • Normal Distribution: I kind of want z-scores since I've barely done those, but empirical rule should come on top please!
  • AP: It'll most likely be an application of it OR finding a term OR finding a sum OR something along the lines of that.
  • GP: It'll be something straight from Hell...
  • Recurrence Relations: Hoping it'll be a SHOW THAT and then finding a value or how much will be left after a certain period...
  • Annuities: Please be an easy table...

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
In terms of Year 11 Content I didn't mention, I'm just manifesting nice questions in the hopes they'll appear. Hate those exp/log questions about decibels or whatever 😡

mollie.rc

HSC
Official Predictions
  • Horrible & Disgusting Bearings Question: It will have a diagram that makes absolutely zero sense 🤩
  • Identities Question (Prove): This will be real nice, real nice, unless they decide to pull random identities from the depths of Hell
  • Section On Differentiation: This is always pretty nice... I doubt that there'll be one on first principles but you never know...
  • Integration: There's always going to be the area questions I fail, and there will be an annoying HENCE SHOW THAT question that I will fail 😌 OH! and there will definitely be some sort of Trapezoidal Rule question!!!
  • Optimisation: It's not a HSC without an optimisation question, so I'm just hoping it's nice and doesn't involve anything too complicated...
  • Graphing: I bet there will be a transformations question AND/OR a question involving f(g(x)) or g(f(x)) AND a graphing question involving finding the stationary points, but hopefully they give an easy function
  • Probability and Discrete: Please be nice... but it will most likely be evil...
  • Bivariate: Hoping it's a regression line or something like that, not that crickets question or interpreting a graph which is worth 4 marks 💀
  • Continuous Random Variables: Hoping it's an easy PDF, don't really wanna find the CDF though...
  • Normal Distribution: I kind of want z-scores since I've barely done those, but empirical rule should come on top please!
  • AP: It'll most likely be an application of it OR finding a term OR finding a sum OR something along the lines of that.
  • Recurrence Relations: Hoping it'll be a SHOW THAT and then finding a value or how much will be left after a certain period...
we can do this i believe in us

Cathode_RT

HSC
Official Predictions
dude anything but that crickets question would be golden

mollie.rc

HSC
No idea, I managed to work out the question but it didn't seem worth 5 marks, maybe they knew it would stump some so they were like, "Oh, it'd be a great idea to deprive students of 5 marks by giving them THIS question!"
maybe because it was the first hsc after the syllabus changed, bound to be crazy questions

Rattlehead15

HSC
Official Predictions
I HATE THOSE HENCE SHOW THAT ONES. Also the bearings making no sense is relatable. I actually hope that the optimisation question is really tough because I'm not bad at those but a lot of people just can't do them at all, not even the easier ones. An optimisation problem like the line one in 2022 hsc would be perfect for me. The f(g(x)) questions in the multiple choice I don't know how to do, so I just guess those every time and sacrifice the mark. The crickets question was good, I want something like that too haha. I wonder if they'll do the old long financial question trick near the end of the paper again for the millionth time in a row. I just wonder if they'll shake things up a little because the past few tests have been pretty similar. Or maybe Im thinking too hard about 2U maths 🤣

Rattlehead15

HSC
it was, but the wordyness threw me off
its maths not english paper 1 for godsake!
Thats probably why I liked it, I hope in this paper there's a bunch of unnescesarily long wordy questions. Nesa hq would probably have to install bullet proof windows after the paper though

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
I HATE THOSE HENCE SHOW THAT ONES. Also the bearings making no sense is relatable. I actually hope that the optimisation question is really tough because I'm not bad at those but a lot of people just can't do them at all, not even the easier ones. An optimisation problem like the line one in 2022 hsc would be perfect for me. The f(g(x)) questions in the multiple choice I don't know how to do, so I just guess those every time and sacrifice the mark. The crickets question was good, I want something like that too haha. I wonder if they'll do the old long financial question trick near the end of the paper again for the millionth time in a row. I just wonder if they'll shake things up a little because the past few tests have been pretty similar. Or maybe Im thinking too hard about 2U maths 🤣
OMG NO, you are describing my nightmare-

I hated the 2022 optimisation question ;-; I understand those f(g(x)) questions now so I wouldn't mind those. Crickets question was good but I don't want it again :mad: I love the financial ones!!

I kind of want the 2023 HSC for Maths Adv to be similar but in a nice way where I can achieve my goal of B6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)