Math1231???!!!! *stressing* help!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Iruka

HSC
N/A
I agree with you.

The changes they were suggesting c.18 months ago weren't improvements at all. I think the best we can hope for from the national curriculum is that they leave it vague enough that NSW can continue with business as usual (at least, as far as the calculus based maths courses go - I wouldn't know about other subjects.)

The courses that we have atm *look* a bit old fashioned, but there is a lot of good mathematics in them. The mechanics part of 4U is particularly vital since they gutted the HSC Physics course in 2000.

Last edited:

Phouna

HSC
N/A
>_<"

Okay... I'm checking out the site once again....

"Assumed knowledge: As for MATH1031
Note: This course is not intended for students who propose to study a substantial amount of Mathematics beyond first year level. Many later year courses in Mathematics have completion of MATH1231, MATH1241 or MATH1251 as a prerequisite."

OK can someone please tell me whether I can take this course... I know this sounds stupid but I'm as clueless as any living thing at the moment. >_<"

MATH1031: "Note: This course is not intended for students who propose to study a substantial amount of Mathematics beyond first year level. Many later year courses in Mathematics have completion of MATH1231, MATH1241 or MATH1251 as a prerequisite."

I'm definitely doing MATH1231 in semester 2.....

THANKS A BUNCH GUYS, you have all been more helpful than the person I was chatting on the phone with >_<" !!!! I ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY, UTTERLY APPRECIATE ALL OF THIS!!! :D

Iruka

HSC
N/A
You need to do MATH1131 if you are a maths major. You shouldn't take MATH1031, as you won't be able to count both 1131 and 1031 towards your degree.

In second semester, you do MATH1231.

MATH1031 is for people doing majors like biology who are required to do some first year maths (I think everyone in science has to do at least 6 UOC of maths) but who don't plan to do any more maths after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)