MATH1131 Week 1 Computing Lectures‏ (1 Viewer)

nottellingu

HSC
I missed the computing tutorial which was supposed to introduce us to maple.

Can someone who went fill me in on what happened.
I don't really understand the maple part of 1131 and pretty angry i misread that pdf file :mad:

LordPc

HSC
maple is just this program that does maths. the 1st lecture was just introducing you to the basics of the language like you end every line with a semi colon ( ' ; ' ), how to do simple calculations and so on. basically a guy stood up at the front and did some of this stuff while he explained it to you

there are maple online learning modules which you can access through webct. they teach you all you need to know and would be the best place to start. webct should also have a maple pdf document which is like ~120 pages long which has an introduction to maple at the start

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
Just keep in mind that we don't have class time set aside for maple stuff, so its all up to you. There are several things you have to complete, and the guy suggested to start familarising yourself with Maple before Wk, which is when the first test is.

nottellingu

HSC
So do we just work through the online material? Was a lot of teaching done in the tutorial about how to actually use maple or was it more guidance as to what we need to do?

As far as i understand atm, maple is just something we need to work on by ourselves and do online quizes during the semester and then we have a final lab test in week 10. :uhoh:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
So do we just work through the online material? Was a lot of teaching done in the tutorial about how to actually use maple or was it more guidance as to what we need to do?

As far as i understand atm, maple is just something we need to work on by ourselves and do online quizes during the semester and then we have a final lab test in week 10. :uhoh:
Yeah, the guy showed how to use Maple.

LordPc

HSC
he should have also introduced you to the environment used in the maths lab machines

there is nothing to using maple though. you just type what you want and press enter. simple.

the modules are really simple too. the only thing that might hold you back is that you wont learn the corresponding content in your lectures for a few weeks, so the maple commands wont make much sense until you understand what they are meant to do. otherwise you could breeze through the entire maple course in 2-3 hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)