Math1041 (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yes i think you had to determine whether there were any outliers
i found two outliers in the end (bottom range) but im not sure whether you did the exact same pink paper as me

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Urgh the Blue paper was totally weird. I mean we had to make a frequency table based on HDE values on that very same .xml file. How the hell can we divide numbers 4-10 into 5-12 intervals?

But anyway, lmao I just did 4, 5, 6...etc each one as it's own interval. Btw, not sure if you guys had to do this in the pink paper, but when you determine the number of times that "maximum value" reoccurs, how did you do it? Is there a specific formula for it?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I don't recall having to do that, but you could just sort it, highlight all the times the maximum value occurs and then do a count function.

G

Gavvvvvin

Rekkusu said:
Urgh the Blue paper was totally weird. I mean we had to make a frequency table based on HDE values on that very same .xml file. How the hell can we divide numbers 4-10 into 5-12 intervals?

But anyway, lmao I just did 4, 5, 6...etc each one as it's own interval. Btw, not sure if you guys had to do this in the pink paper, but when you determine the number of times that "maximum value" reoccurs, how did you do it? Is there a specific formula for it?
=COUNTIF(range,condition)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Thanks Gavin! Lol I don't even think we were taught how this "COUNTIN" function usage at all during our labs, and yet they expect us to know it straight away...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
got my lab back
only got 19/20 due to one silly mistake
that equates to 7.6/8
does anyone know whether they keep that mark when they add up all the assessment amrks in the end, or do they round it up, ie from 7.6 to 8

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hey, you know for the class test next week......just wondering, i just saw the class test information saying that normal distribution probability, explanaory and response vairables and random variables are going to be in the test....will they just test us on those or will they throw in a question say for example the 5 number summaries outliers etc...the very early stuff we did in the beginning of the course
thanks

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Beats me.

What concerns me though, is how I, and what seems to be every single damn person in the lecture theatre has no freaking idea what the hell is going on in the lectures at the moment. I'm slowly picking up on it, but there was a huge jump in difficulty over the past week or so.

G

Gavvvvvin

Yeah I didnt go to a lecture for like 2 weeks because I thought it would be easy and when I showed up yesterday for one I had no idea what was going on. :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well i think if you did maths extension 1 in high scholl you would have a fair idea on whats going on with the binomial probability
but i missed todays lecture so i dont know what happened today :S
also what else happened at bios today?!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The binomial stuff seemed alright, but it's this garbagey mean and whatever of the random variable or whatever it is that we're doing now that's hard. Bah!

I didn't go to biology either (the lecture). Lab was kinda good I guess.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i jus received an email saying that the mean and random variable of whatever it is isn't in the test, but the binomial theroem will almost certainly be in the test

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
just done the class test
very similar format to the example class test in our blue book
pretty easy if you study
good luck all

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
all you're given are the standard distribution tables and binomal formulas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)