math1001: differential calculus (1 Viewer)

Carlito

HSC
hrmm i got like a circle and a line..... i think im gonna do it again lol

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
hrmm i got like a circle and a line..... i think im gonna do it again lol
yeah thats it, its correct.

lm1122

HSC
Does anyone want to post their assignment.... hehehe kidding... or am I? Yes. Yes I am. Cheating is bad. You see?? You see how maths makes me insane? I can feel my brain cells dying while i just think of the letter i. ARRRGGHHH... ok, now i've vented... back to maths.

Warning: This post has absolutely no point to anything.

lm1122

HSC
YAY!! FINISHED!!! Now i can finally sleep... and perfect timing too - Dr Choo said we should get to bed by 12:00am! Good luck to the rest of you if you are still going!

Oh, actually i should check i set it out right - i dont have the handbook so could someone pls summarise what we need to do... such as each question on a new page? Name AND SID at top? etc etc. i know about the manilla folder stuff tho. Ta.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i handed mine in at 9am
LOL wanted to get rid of it asap :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by lm1122
YAY!! FINISHED!!! Now i can finally sleep... and perfect timing too - Dr Choo said we should get to bed by 12:00am! Good luck to the rest of you if you are still going!

Oh, actually i should check i set it out right - i dont have the handbook so could someone pls summarise what we need to do... such as each question on a new page? Name AND SID at top? etc etc. i know about the manilla folder stuff tho. Ta.
well ur sleeping 15 mins. late (according to dr. choo's bedtime). :p

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
yeah, totally agree on 2 things:
A: Calculus is freakin hard! I got out about 3 "easy" calculus books and I still can't even understand the first page!!

B: You should always attend every lecture - I missed 2 classes in Bio at TAFE (I know...not uni but same concept) and I missed everything on lipids, and enzimes etc....so I was stuffed for the test.
And I always try an make sure to attend EVERY chemistry class b/c he builds on each lesson...

Euler

Who are your lecturers and who are your tutors?

What do you think of them? Does the tutor help you in anyway?

I'm just wondering because the tutors don't formally get any feedback from the students.

This is for MATH1001, but comments on other math courses/lecturers/tutors are welcome.

Winston

HSC
For my maths 1001 lecture, damn... it's not like he's the biggest mathematician on earth, but the really good thing is, he starts from scratch, like he makes it clear and simple what we need to know, he even repeats what was spoken about in the lectures. Yes you may think it wastes precious time, but it does get me understanding it even better, 1001 is the only maths i think is making sense, my 1002 lecture.. bleh he assumes to much and goes too damn fast, and i hate it, that's why i'm failing in it.

Collin

HSC
N/A
freaking_out, do we have any quizzes, impending assignments etc. coming up for 1901 (Differential Calculus)? I missed the very last lecture of the last week before midsem holidays, and I don't want to be slapped with a quiz on the first tutorial back or something..

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
bleh he assumes to much and goes too damn fast, and i hate it, that's why i'm failing in it.
It's the same with 1902. I've come to realise that it's not so much the lecturer's assumptive tendencies, but the nature of the course. Unlike Calculus, every single lecture solidly builds upon the previous work, and that's really important. For about 2 weeks after lectures started in March, I just ignored Linear, and fell behind. I realised that after falling behind, absolutely nothing makes sense. So I took the initiative to study the theory hard, and after every lecture, read through your notes and make sure you understand and follow every line. I guarantee you that in your next Linear lecture, when he 'assumes' something, it won't be a problem because you've got such a solid foundation of everything before that lecture, and that's the important thing with Linear, you really get stuffed if you fall behind.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
i've never seen a programmer who hates maths!! :p
It depends which aspects of programming you do. Some may require more, some may require little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)