math and commerce (1 Viewer)

dfm

HSC
so, like, im a bit shit at math. i got 85 in g unit. i was thus thinking either bus at uts or law at gong, but am kinda flirting with the idea of commerce at syd. however, im hearing that the math in commerce is hard, whereas the math in bus at uts is not so. ive been reading through a bit the booklets this morning and so far this is what ive come to understand:

commerce at both unsw and syd have mathematics as assumed knowledge, as does bus at uts.
commerce at unsw has actuary studies, syd and uts dont.
there didnt look anything that scary, or markedly different, in the commerce major areas of study at Syd to those in bus at UTS. commerce at unsw does have some stuff that i dont think my g unit powers could battle.

i obviously dont wanna start commerce at syd and then fail.

can anyone give me some nice, blunt info on the math side to these degrees, particularly for commerce at syd. cheers.

dfm

HSC
its not a matter of confidence mate - its a matter of not taking on a degree which isnt suited to me. brrrr

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
the 'maths' in a business degree is pretty easy stuff - people just say its hard because they expect it to be consumer arithmetic or something. at usyd the 'maths' subject you take is econometrics - which is more stat-based.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)