Math Advanced Prediction/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Porogamiii

HSC
also does anyone know how to insert normal probability distribution shit into a calculator? i have the fx-82 just like everyone in my grade does but when i press Shift+1 i only get 5 options (type, data, sum, variance, min/max) and my distribution option is not there :(
I think it's only the fx-100AU PLUS that allows you input stuff into the normal distribution and calculates it for you

hatterene

HSC
You've got enter in some ax+b data by going into mode -> stat; and then u will have a new option for the probability distribution variables (r, A, B, etc)
yeah i wasn't able to do this. is it worth it to bring in a second calculator just for normal distribution

GanonRorf

HSC
For graphing, are we allowed to have different scales on each axis or nah? (eg. 1cm=1 on x axis, 1cm=5 on y axis)
thx

d1zzyohs

HSC
For graphing, are we allowed to have different scales on each axis or nah? (eg. 1cm=1 on x axis, 1cm=5 on y axis)
thx
I am almost entirely sure yes, you are allowed. Some graphing questions have maximas, of like (3,27), etc; and these would be ridiculous to draw true-to-size especially with the size of working out they give you.

d1zzyohs

HSC
also what were you guys talking about normal dist's and the calculator? isnt normal dist just the graph with 0.15%, 2.35%, 13.5, 34%, etc?
Yep. Or the proper z-score probabilities if given. The other commenter was confused on if we needed a calculator that has a function white allows you to find the probability of z-scores on a normal distribution with a button (fx-100); but u can do the same stuff with fx-82 as long as you know your basics.

HSC
i never did my shit to scale wdym
you’re using fx-82AU right? press MODE SETUP, then STAT, then press 2 (for A+BX). Then input all your x and y values. Once you’re done, press AC, then SHIFT+1, then 5 (for Reg), then select whichever variable you need (a b r etc.), then press =.

I think this is what you’re after

Last edited:

mikrokosmos

HSC
Yep. Or the proper z-score probabilities if given. The other commenter was confused on if we needed a calculator that has a function white allows you to find the probability of z-scores on a normal distribution with a button (fx-100); but u can do the same stuff with fx-82 as long as you know your basics.
OH right okay thank you :) just to clarify, for normal we just need to know the percentages and z score calculations? sorry haha if im correct you can just like the message :)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
surely you play cool maths games or anything else in class instead of learning?

thats the tradition for everyone in year 7-10

mate your life is too short to be studying to become a doctor from now
well, I only watch like yt vids like dream and stuff, but rarely play games, nah I'm studying to hopefully get into a full selective bc I got into a partial but wanna get into full so yeah... doctor or actuary focus in year 10 onwards lol

mikrokosmos

HSC
yall can we keep the thread to just maths questions please haha i need to study for tomorrow and the questions here r good 😭😭

GanonRorf

HSC
when finding CDFs do we need to write it in 3 part piecewise form or can we just leave it as is? thx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)