MATH 1131 / 1141 exam tips from veterans (1 Viewer)

TheKey

HSC
Originally posted by Sunny
Maths puts out prelimary results on its website, and they'll tell you when its out by email.
prelim results? imagine the heart break if u pass according to prelim results and then fail according to the ones released by email.

50% fail rate sounds way too much, where did u hear this?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
well, for bdm(business data management) the mean will be scaled to 63-65 and 20% will fail.

Farnarcle

Um yeah, I never learnt Riemann Sums, Fundamental Theorems of Calculus, Functions of Several Variables. Ok so that not five, and its not that I didn't learn them, its that it just too abstract for me.

And I'm pretty sure that my algebra lecturer said it was 50%.

nifty03

HSC
Originally posted by Farnarcle
Um yeah, I never learnt Riemann Sums, Fundamental Theorems of Calculus, Functions of Several Variables. Ok so that not five, and its not that I didn't learn them, its that it just too abstract for me.

And I'm pretty sure that my algebra lecturer said it was 50%.
ahh pfft, i didn't study rienmann sums either, that stuff confuses me, ididn't even bother.
50%=me fail. bah!~

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by TheKey
prelim results? imagine the heart break if u pass according to prelim results and then fail according to the ones released by email.

50% fail rate sounds way too much, where did u hear this?
Well...in both 1A and 1B for me, my prelim results were the same as my final results.

MuSaRuRWa

Originally posted by sunny
Well...in both 1A and 1B for me, my prelim results were the same as my final results.
the only difference b/w the prelim n final results is when u got a 46-49 and they're yet to decide whether to give a fail or pass conceded. otherwise, there wont be any changes

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sunny
hi
do you have any idea how long approx it will take the the prelim + final results to be released?

MuSaRuRWa

Originally posted by sneaky pete
hi
do you have any idea how long approx it will take the the prelim + final results to be released?
final results coming out on july 17th ... so make sure ur comp's screwed up on that day hehe. prelim comes out abt a wk before then

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
so many people complaining about maths? does anyone here even do 1151 or have tacon for calculus?

maniacguy

MuSaRuRWa said:
final results coming out on july 17th ... so make sure ur comp's screwed up on that day hehe. prelim comes out abt a wk before then
Preliminary maths marks for most courses are up now.

And final results nominally come out on the 17th in that you can go to my.unsw and look them up then. You'll get an e-mail (nominally) on the 16th, which will actually turn up on the evening of the 15th (based on the last couple of years) with your final marks.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
woohoo!! i passed 3 out of 4 subjects so far...

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I found the maths marks, passed them, but I must of done really poorly in the exam :(

Can you find the prelim marks for any other subjects?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
my computing mark i got from the website

nifty03

HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Passed with 51! Woohooo!
omg omg, same same, Passed with 51!!!
Party time~~~
*shakes hands with all pplz who just passed*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)