mastodon - crack the skye (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
getting it tomorrow
i have heard nothing but rave reviews. your thoughts?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
k just gave it a go in the loungeroom on my roommates laptop and from first listen it sounds rad. kinda reminds me of cynic's traced in air.
will post better review later

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
I liked it alot, the direction they went in was a sort of swing or a miss but i'm glad they pulled it off.

It's no Leviathan but it's still Mastodon.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
I don't really know much about Mastodon. I have only heard a few songs but from what i've heard they are good. Will have to check this one out.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Either Leviathan or Blood Mountain. Both are really good.

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
I'd say Crack The Skye or Blood Mountain, their older stuff is not accessible as their latest albums.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Although it was there older stuff that intially broke them into the metal market. Mastadon is one of those bands where you can generally expected something good no matter which album you pick up

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I downloaded and listened to it yesterday and it is sizzlingly good. I love Divinations the most.

Intronaut

HSC
Crack The Skye is awesome, though it's not as heavy as Blood Mountain or Leviathan.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
this is the album concept

"The album follows a quadriplegic who learned to astrally project and on his journey he flew too close to the sun, burning his umbilical cord which connected him to his body and he flew into oblivion. At the same time in Czarist Russia Rasputin and his cult were channeling spirits and brought the quadriplegic to their time. He explains his situation and foretells the assassination of Rasputin. Inevitably Rasputin is assassinated and Rasputin guides him back to his body.
epic

iwannarock

HSC
i think its a good album.

i have listened to it maybe 5 times.

need to listen to it moar.

and the drummer didn't over play.

he specifically says in the dvd that he wanted to focus more on beats and less on crazy fills.

which shows.

compare this album to a song of leviathan like hearts alive which is basically one entire drum solo.

not that im complaining.

one of my favourite drummers.

also one of the few newer popular metal bands that i think are doing anything interesting in metal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)