Masters... and PICT (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
Ok... I know im only in 2nd year and all BUT i was just wondering about masters at Mac....I was looking at the ones in the Policing Intelligence and Counter Terrorism place and it says tuition fee is $480. Does that mean $480 per Credit Point, $480 per Subject or $480 per masters (which is extremley unlikely).....

If anyone knows anything some help would be appreciated :)

Or if anyone knows anything about PICT as well...if theyre good and what not.....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I assume per credit point, because that sounds about right.

Peartie

HSC
thats what i was assuming because that then gets it up to $23040 for 2 masters

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah, IAB's right.

Also, from memory, most of the PICT stuff (eg MPICT) requires you to have relevant previous studies or experience?

Which one would you be doing?

Peartie

HSC
Im doing International Studies w/ Euro Language

Im hoping it counts as "relevant"? but also looking at doing other things before going straight into masters... I'm just looking around atm...saw that and thought it looked interesting!

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah I have nfi... Never really looked at PICT stuff, let alone been trained about it.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Peartie said:
Or if anyone knows anything about PICT as well...if theyre good and what not.....
I listened to a couple of hours of the lectures for one of the first/core/main/something units. Heavy theoretical stuff, but quite good. Somewhat philosophic (at least, from my business/psych point of view!) but insightful. Interesting, relevant, timely subject in today's world.

...don't know (not doubting; literally don't know) how useful they'd be, in terms of getting jobs. That said, heard from a politics PhD student that, apparently, if you do those units you're encouraged to apply to, if not directly approached by, the intelligence agencies for jobs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)