• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

master of teaching???? (1 Viewer)

reemz

HSC
hi at d-day i went o the education stall thing and the lady tolg me when i finish my BA at uws i will me doing a master of teaching for 1 year accelerated of 18 months at penrith, but how can i get a master of teaching if i dont have a bachlor of teaching 1st? help!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
reemz said:
hi at d-day i went o the education stall thing and the lady tolg me when i finish my BA at uws i will me doing a master of teaching for 1 year accelerated of 18 months at penrith, but how can i get a master of teaching if i dont have a bachlor of teaching 1st? help!
Errm...I always thought that UWS had a graduate Bachelor in Teaching(for primary and secondary) rather than a Masters.

http://www.uws.edu.au/about/acadorg/caess/seecs/courses/course_information#3

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But if your doing a general degree like arts and choose free electives in the area of teaching that interest you, you can gain exemptions. Also, you can do a masters in a field unrelated to your undergraduate degree.

L

LaraB

if you're unsure about these kinds of thing - just call the uni and check..

its sounds a bit wrong... since you do generally need a degree to get a masters... maybe you just misunderstood her or she explained it badly?

call the uni phone line thingo or have a look on the website - you can find out the course coordinator's name there for B Arts or whatever and give them a call or email and ask them for more info... they're probably happy to help since no one seems to get the way the teaching degree works since there's always so many questions in here and elsewhere about it:)

melodic_gal

HSC
reemz said:
Hi reemz not sure what sort of teaching you are wanting to do. however I am actually doing a Bachelor of Early Childhood( Child and Family) when that bachelor degree ends it gives me an entry to Master of Teaching , Early Childhood. ( Because Bachelor of Education EC isn't being offer anymore)

alanajane

HSC
Teaching

Hi guys, the course you are referring to is the 1 year Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) or the Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) which is open to people who have done non-teaching degrees. It is a Postgraduate course, but its not called a Master at the moment. This is the way you study to become a teacher here now, doing two degrees which I guess makes more sense in case you want a back up if you dont end up liking teaching. Here is a link giving information about how to study teaching, as it can be a bit confusing: http://www.uws.edu.au/studyoptions/australian/undergraduate/courselist/teachingpathways

You dont study any teaching in your first degree, and for secondary you should study things in your first degree that are in the area you want to teach in. If you want to do primary teaching you should do a Bachelor of Arts, or Bachelor of Social Science but all the info is in the link above.

Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)