Massive bookshop queue (1 Viewer)

Rextu

HSC
If books are ordered online, do we still have to queue up?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
As in the copy centre?

Yeah, but the line is shorter. Walk past the line, down the little corridor and on the other side of the copy centre is a shorter line for internet pick ups.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
If books are ordered online, do we still have to queue up?
The line is to ensure that the Co-op isn't full of students which can make logistical activities impossible. I believe you do still have to queue up.

Rextu

HSC
Yeah, it was the texts from the Co-op I was talking about before and dang, looks like there's no way to avoid the queue.

As for the copy centre, do they have their own website somewhere?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
You can get to the copy centre website from the Mystudy page on Myuni I think, at the bottom.

Didn't know you could preorder co-op books. Give it a week and the line will die down OR go in at 830am before class.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I prefer to wait until after the first tutorial, or until someone confirms which books we need. I've bought a few books early that tutors have later said we didn't need.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Or incase you end up changing subjects which I did this week. Besides first tutes are pointless get to know each other rubbish anyways.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
coop is fine really early (8:30/9ish) or quite late (after 5:30)

copy centre is best in mornings, but yes, you can pre order.

missrockinrio

HSC
N/A
I lined up for my Unicard, Access card and coop bookshop. Took me bloody forever. Probably should have woken up earlier.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
oh is it always heaps long? i only need to pick up one thing and fuck me if i'm lining up in that queue.

icecoffee

HSC
First week of uni co-op line is long. The wait isn't THAT long imo, late arvo is bearable.

If you need something from the copy centre, best way is to order it online. Express line ftw!

izzy88

HSC
co-op is good at 8am when it opens...apart from wasting 15 minutes trying to find the books i actually needed, i only ended up waiting to pay for them for about 5min. Pretty good really.

kokodamonkey

HSC
you should go in the mon-tues before o-week and do everything then there are no lines!

izzy88

HSC
you should go in the mon-tues before o-week and do everything then there are no lines!
yeah but I wanted to wait until I knew that I actually needed all the books...too many times have I been told that certain ones aren't really necessary. Easier to wait for the outline and actually see how much required reading there is for a particular book and then deciding whether you need it.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Alternatively, find the books online for cheaper and with no wait. E.g. textbookexchange or bookdepository if you need novels.

I haven't bought a textbook from co-op since first year but I really need my moleskin. :(

q3thefish

HSC
Lol I swear, that line is perrma-long.

Went to the george st. one t'day with some mates and there are like no lines there.

I recommend this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)