Mass Effect 2 (1 Viewer)

niloony

HSC
Anyone here been following Mass Effect 2 or has purchased/ is going to purchase it? I would be playing it today but i bought it over steam to save $40 (take that EB etc!).

I really enjoyed Dragon Age Origins so hopefully bioware can pull it off again (and again and again). Reviews seem to agree that they did at least :)

HalcyonSky

HSC
how big was the file on steam?

it looks okay and i like bioware but _i just dont know_ about these fps / rpg hybrids

niloony

HSC
It seems to be 12.9 GB...glad i downloaded it in off peak.

Played it for a couple of hours. I missed Mass Effect 1 so the intro crossovers mainly go over my head but i am really really enjoying it. The voice acting/animation/scripting makes it worth listening to all the dialogue which i mostly skipped in other bioware games. Combat seems a little bland but looks very cool.

Roy9

HSC
Gutted that I bought it for $100 when I have just found out they're selling for $68 brand new on eBay

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Received my preorder today.

Have the Inferno and Blood Dragon armour codes to use.

Although I probably wont touch it until after I've finished Tales of Vesperia and Assassin's Creed 2

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Downloaded the Terminus armour, Zaeed and Normandy Crash Landing.

Also gutted that my blood armour code was already registered to my other Xbox360 account so I can't use it...

HalcyonSky

HSC
how big was the file on steam?

it looks okay and i like bioware but _i just dont know_ about these fps / rpg hybrids
ok i now love this genre

its just a shame about the limited replayability, a game like this with an online component similar to diablo 2 (not wow plz) would be amazingg

niloony

HSC
Well i'm doing a second play through as a renegade this time and attempting to get all my squad members through the final mission.

After that i guess i'll try to do a quick run through to make sure none of my team makes it....including me :O.

Even though i'm a fan of bioware games, the constant dialogue in their previous games does weigh down on you after a while. I didn't find that happened in ME2 which makes it even better than Dragon Age Origins in my eyes! I'm amazed they had a team large enough to make both of them at once since each run through of DA is 40+ hours and ME2 20+ hours.

HalcyonSky

HSC
its possible to get them all through to the final mission? i thought most of them just randomly die, i was watching the cinematic and was like wtf is this shit why is my entire team dying i just spent 20 hours recruiting these fuckwits

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
its possible to get them all through to the final mission? i thought most of them just randomly die, i was watching the cinematic and was like wtf is this shit why is my entire team dying i just spent 20 hours recruiting these fuckwits
They all live or die depending on who you send to do each task - how well they are suited to it as well as the upgrades that you have. The more upgrades the better, obviously. Gotta play thru it again so Mordin doesn't die so I can get that achievement

overall I think the final mission was a bit of a letdown - I mean it's building up towards it throughout the whole game and it only lasts an hour, if that.

also this is one of the best games I've played in a long long time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)