marxist (1 Viewer)

nipples---

HSC
Within the novel we see Revenge as a major theme undertaken by Heathcliff, a Marxist point of view helps our understanding of it. Marxist perspective provides on how he does such, social and economic hegemony. A shift in Heathcliff’s characterisation, from servant boy Heathcliff to a more refined person almost to the same foot as the other characters “I’ve fought through a long bitter life since I last heard your voice”. This shows Heathcliff struggling against a wealth driven society, as the working class to reach a higher status. Through loans he has made to the drunken and dissipated Hindley that Hindley cannot repay, he takes ownership of Wuthering Heights upon Hindley's death. Intent on ruining Edgar, Heathcliff elopes with Edgar's sister Isabella, which places him in a position to inherit Thrushcross Grange upon Edgar's death. This shift of power contradicts the status quo of the time.

help! i kinda just made this up, is it good/bad whatever?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
a better quote may help with the argument but otherwise it's ok!

nipples---

HSC
"I'm trying to settle how I shall pay Hindley back. I don't care how long I wait, if I can only do it at last. I hope he will not die before I do!"

how about this one?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
kind of? lol

according to what you have written, the quote should "show Heathcliff struggling against a wealth driven society, as the working class to reach a higher status"

i haven't read wuthering heights but maybe something to do with Heathcliff's struggle because he is a working class guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)