Martial Arts thread (1 Viewer)

conpanbear

HSC
Do you do martial arts? I was curious as to what style other students are doing.

My main style is Goju Ryu karate, with some experience in Shaolin kung fu. I did a year of GKR (Go Kan Ryu) before this, but it sucked so hard I changed :p

I've been doing Goju for about a year with my boyfriend and we're currently at 6th Kyu.

How about you guys?

dog on heat

check it out uh uh uh uh
HSC
yeah but i dont leave the basement so its not a problem for me

sonny09

HSC
Martial Arts has basically become my life over the past 2-3 years lol
with all the stress some vce and a lot of family problems which built up a lot of emotions within me I needed an outlet which came to be boxing at first, however I then wanted to get into the dicipline side of the more traditional martial arts as follows:
Kick Boxing - 6 years, 3-6 hours a week, I have stopped Kick Boxing about a year ago
Boxing - 2.5 years, 12-15 hours a week, continue to do Boxing, my current dojo allows me to reach a level where I can be certified to teach
BOXING IS A MARTIAL ART if you have studied the traditions and look at how to break down the techniques, Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do explains this very well.
Muay Thai - 2 years, 4 hours a week
Hapkido - 3 months
Wing Chun - 6 months

I am currently taking a 2 month break from the heavy martial arts due to a dislocation of my left patella and an arthroscopy on it. I am going to get back into the minimal contact martial arts such as hapkido and wing chun within 3-4 weeks while my knee is under going physio for rehab.

I am a fitness freak and i love it =D
Something that would be very exciting would be to organise a 'mulit martial art' seminar, like say at the melbourne exhibition centre, where all styles and teachings of martial arts could come and demonstrate.

I hate how too many teachers these days are money focussed and don't care about the way of the martial art and it's traditions :cry:

patta10734

HSC
hey yeh i do brazilian jujitsu and mixed martial arts cage fighting

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
2.5 years - Taekwondo
3.5 years - Shaolin (Southern Style)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)